• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Price Setting for UV Printing on Acrylic

billsines

I am a CNC guy, but we do have a UV printer. I know where I have to be on wood stuff we do in our normal market, but I have a local person wanting a quote on some 6mm acrylic (white), about 12"x24". Files are all set up from them, just need to send to printer. Need to quote if I am supplying material or if they are. About 25 pcs in total.

Where would you guys be on a quote like this?

biggce55

You're looking at about 50 sq ft of media, apprx $2.09 a sq ft, so apprx $105 in media.
If we were using our quoting formula for our operation to cut, print, pack along with all setup time to cut and print something like this you are looking at around $30.00 per sign w/ cost and profit.

$30.00 is on higher end, but if we wanted to be tight on pricing $22.00 is where we would come in at on the low side.

Make sure you use some denatured alcohol or Sericol UV Promoter on the media to ensure proper adhesion. White acrylic can be tricky for adhesion.

Last edited:

Ready

Ready To Go
I am a CNC guy, but we do have a UV printer. I know where I have to be on wood stuff we do in our normal market, but I have a local person wanting a quote on some 6mm acrylic (white), about 12"x24". Files are all set up from them, just need to send to printer. Need to quote if I am supplying material or if they are. About 25 pcs in total.

Where would you guys be on a quote like this?
You're looking at about 50 sq ft of media, apprx $2.09 a sq ft, so apprx $105 in media.
If we were using our quoting formula for our operation to cut, print, pack along with all setup time to cut and print something like this you are looking at around $30.00 per sign w/ cost and profit.

$30.00 is on higher end, but if we wanted to be tight on pricing $22.00 is where we would come in at on the low side.

Make sure you use some denatured alcohol or Sericol UV Promoter on the media to ensure proper adhesion. White acrylic can be tricky for adhesion

Billsines said 6mm acrylic and that is almost 1/4" thick. No matter how you CUT, it will require 2 sheets and you'll have some waste. $30.00 sounds CHEAP!

IMHO... Bob P