• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing guide advise please!

HulkSmash

In my opinion, 8 is a bit high for customer applied cut graphics. Then again it all depends on how small the letters or design that being weeded is. There are many software POS programs that can help you. There's a few in the merchant directory.

stripes

Thank you Coloradosigns, after work today I will check out the directory and continue to read the tutorials!

David

stripes

Sq. ft. pricing

I agree, $8 is a bit high (SqFt? or L/F?)

That is sq. ft. Also that is Canadian pricing. My cost per 10 yards of Oracal 651 2.5 mil 24" is $31.00 plus shipping ($17.00 approx.) from Toronto.
I am also assuming this should cover business overhead, transfer tape, wear + tear on blades, machine, labor to weed, etc...

Thank you for the great advice all!

David

Last edited:

stripes

shipping costs

OH MY!!!! $17.00 for freight for a 10 yard roll of vinyl, that's over 50% of the cost of the material...ouch!!!!!

Shipping in and into Canada is insane! It makes it very hard to do business. There are fuel surcharges and tax at .13% also! :banghead:
David

J

john1

My PSF for RTA graphics (ready to apply) starts as high as $15 and goes as low as $8 generally. Shop minimum of $30 for the small knock out jobs.

I have it broken down kinda like sign craft, 1-10 sqft is one price, 11-35 is another etc

Kevin-shopVOX

That is sq. ft. Also that is Canadian pricing. My cost per 10 yards of Oracal 651 2.5 mil 24" is $31.00 plus shipping ($17.00 approx.) from Toronto.
I am also assuming this should cover business overhead, transfer tape, wear + tear on blades, machine, labor to weed, etc...

Thank you for the great advice all!

David

I would definitely recommend a pricing program. On SignVOX you can take all of the above mentioned business expenses and build templates that produces an estimate, order or invoice you know is priced for profit.

cdiesel

A sq ft pricing structure on vinyl, whether RTA or installed, applied to a substrate, or whatever is not a good idea. It's a great *tool* to figure approximate costs and prices, but you should price your products on their value. That's why you'll often see people quoting a range.

dms505

I have a per sq inch pricing for little stuff and then another set of pricing for larger items easily weeded over a foot. I have a little code on my work order "LW" or Low Weed to help adjust pricing per the pain in the butt that a job can be. I am tossing around the idea of also having a "HW" or High Weed for more details art whether it be small or large. That was I can assess my time and have a percentage mased system. Tehn you can always add "time" as a separate variable for your own piece of mind.

Kevin-shopVOX

A sq ft pricing structure on vinyl, whether RTA or installed, applied to a substrate, or whatever is not a good idea. It's a great *tool* to figure approximate costs and prices, but you should price your products on their value. That's why you'll often see people quoting a range.
I disagree. The value is not the product. YOU are the value. I sell the same vinyl as the next guy..I am able to get a higher square foot price than him because the customer finds value in me, my shop, and my service. Therefore pricing by the square foot is a good way to do so as is having consistent pricing. A pricing program helps do that in an efficient and quick manner. If a customer doesn't want to buy at my price I either say okay and use that time to get and keep another customer who will or find out why they didn't find value in me. If they value it - price is not an issue