• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing on a 53 foot trailer

Jay Simpson

Does anyone have an estimate on pricing a 53 ft. trailer? I worked up a price and it seems high. Maybe someone can give me some input! 2 sides and rear split door. Has printed graphics as well as cut vinyl. I am priced @ just under 2K.
There are 5 trailers to do. Help please

SIGNTIME

picture would help I have no clue as to how much vinyl you are putting on or the time it would take without one

SIGNTIME

I estimated about 250 square feet. 124 square is printed.

ok and how long do you think install will take and how long to produce the graphics?.... we price by time (labor rate) & material (with mark up) and pricing by sq ft to me seems like a very unreliable way to price any thing

Mosh

Reefer or Van trailers (ribbed or flat)? How many rivets? Do you have to remove the back bars for the door install. I have done 53' trailers that were $5,000 and then some that were $500.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What do you need in overhead, insurances, lights, profit, labor, materials and all the other things involved in business to keep your doors open ??

You need to consider the overall picture and not just this one truck. Your costs are gonna be different than many here, so that will play a big role.

I realize no one wants to leave any money on the table, but we need to know what's on the table before we can give you and your shop a realistic range.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have an estimate on pricing a 53 ft. trailer? I worked up a price and it seems high. Maybe someone can give me some input! 2 sides and rear split door. Has printed graphics as well as cut vinyl. I am priced @ just under 2K.
There are 5 trailers to do. Help please

How much is a sign, I need 1 but I'll eventually need 5?

Your kidding right? You work in this industry, could you accurately quote either of those based on the limited information provided?

My typical answer to customers who ask questions like that is a low price to an outrageous price followed by a typical price.

I could do something for as low as $500 but it wouldn't have a lot of impact and I doubt you would be happy with it. If the sky is the limit and you want a show piece were talking around $10,000's. Realistically I could do something nice in the $2000-$6000 range depending on the amount of material and the extent of the design. What's you budget range?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No kidding...... I just had a call from a guy who has 4 pick ups, a utility type and two service vans. Wanted to know how much to wrap them all.

Okay, do you have the designs/layouts ready ?? Nope.
Do you know what you want on them ?? Nope.
Do you have someone who is gonna put this all together for you ?? Nope, well maybe.... and he says one of my competitor's names who doesn't do wraps or even know how to do an initial layout. The guy is strictly a handpainter/pinstriper.
Well, it's a little hard to quote with....... I just need a price for now.
Okay, you're probalby between $900 per vehicle to $6,500 a vehicle. Wha.....?? Why so much difference ??
I haven't a clue as to what you need or want. Can we get together to discuss your needs ??

Set it up for next week. This should be fun.:covereyes:

visual800

can you please post a damn pic, telling us the sq ft used does not help, I cannot envision what your laying down judging by how much