• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing Standstill With Project- Need Some Feedback

what the

Owner/op
I am second guess the estimated value of a painted sign- Attached is the scale and metal siding-
The rendering on the wall isn't accurate but the - It should show much larger- But use as a reference only for a feel of work...
I don't want to under or overcut- I was thinking 8,000 +. ? Alot of friggen work- lift is supplied.
What would you suggest in fair market (California)

Attachments

• scaled painting.jpg
    scaled painting.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 276
  • building siding.jpg
    building siding.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 266
  • DHHS Wall ad.jpg
    DHHS Wall ad.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

Sam I Am

Painted many of these buildings, but I'm in Alabama.

Think about your pricing. Two areas at 1000 sq. ft. No way to paint these easily on corogated metal. 2 Colors as well.

Do you consider $4.00 a sq. ft. enough?

what the

Owner/op

Think about your pricing. Two areas at 1000 sq. ft. No way to paint these easily on corogated metal. 2 Colors as well.

Do you consider $4.00 a sq. ft. enough?

hmmm. I shouldn't shoot myself- I'll aim high and leave up to them to reduce the size or removed 2 colors

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Think about your pricing
. Two areas at 1000 sq. ft. No way to paint these easily on corogated metal. 2 Colors as well.

Do you consider
$4.00 a sq. ft. enough?

Don't know where you're getting your sizes ??

I'm coming up with he's getting about $10.5 a sq ft price. That's about 750 sq ft based upon what I'm seeing.

However, I would advise against the thin white outline. That will be a total waste. Not hard to do, once the black is on, but still a gross waste and effort.

edit : Oops, think I'm wrong. More like about $6.00 a sq ft I was off by one zero.

Last edited:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Looks like a total of 1710 square feet to me...

That makes it 4.69 a square foot.

Having seen a big high school mural go bad on new corrugated, I would be worried about the paint not holding up and having to redo it... I would factor a little into the price

Attachments

• scaled painting.pdf
    116.5 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Sam I Am

Don't know where you're getting your sizes ??

I'm coming up with he's getting about $10.5 a sq ft price. That's about 750 sq ft based upon what I'm seeing.

However, I would advise against the thin white outline. That will be a total waste. Not hard to do, once the black is on, but still a gross waste and effort.

edit : Oops, think I'm wrong. More like about $6.00 a sq ft I was off by one zero.

Gino, In his original post he stated that both lines he had figured at 10' high by 100' in length. ( X 2 ) is where my cipherin' came into play. Seems like it's been edited out of the original post.

In the drawings the lower black panel scales at 10' x 100' + / - Upper Copy looks to be maybe closer to a 8' height on Caps, 7' on smaller Caps, + / - x 95' When I quote, I try to make sure if I err, it is in my favor...

Next time, I'll quote the post so it'll still be there.

Last edited: