• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing

DirtyD

We have a client whose corporate is located here, They have plants in California and Florida as well,

Attached is a picture of there current semi trailer, and also attached is a photo of what they want.

They want the old logo removed and a stripe applied over 1 of the 2 stripes and some text added a long with he new logo installed.

I don't have a picture of the back but the old would have to be removed and the new applied. Same with the other areas that get vinyl.

What kind of removal/install prices would we be looking at. They have roughly 30 semis between 3 locations, so say you had 10 of them to do.

I am looking at prices for install/removal only, we would provide all the graphics.. Thanks

Attachments

• lasalle truck concept.jpg
    lasalle truck concept.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 361
  • 20160622_102810.jpg
    20160622_102810.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 291

Fares Bayazeed

The problem with keeping some of the old on and adding new is the color match. The print or vinyl originally used has faded from years of sunlight. If you match the color of the faded print in a short period of time yours will fade and the other will basically remain the same. I would only do a full removal because of that unless the customer is okay with your disclosure.

2B

The problem with keeping some of the old on and adding new is the color match. The print or vinyl originally used has faded from years of sunlight. If you match the color of the faded print in a short period of time yours will fade and the other will basically remain the same. I would only do a full removal because of that unless the customer is okay with your disclosure.
this for us removal is strictly by the time and a waiver is signed about possible ghosting. for installation, 3 - 3.5 hours for the attached proof

BALLPARK

Tricky job... They can pay off or be the pain that you would pay to go away.

I'm not sure what type of vinyl is being removed and that plays a large role in what it will take to get it ready for new graphics. There would be ghosting in areas that has no new vinyl coverage and some older spots could bleed through the new layout as well as an outline.

I would price it as $90 per hour that includes 3 workers on one trailer for the removal. Then charge a flat fee to install the new graphics after one has been installed with two workers at $65 per hour. That's about the only way I could bid on a job like that and hope that we don't get boned. We would not be using guys that make more than $15 to $20 per hour. High-end fleet graphic based shops could turn this quickly and provide a much better pricing plan. I'm just trying to give a view from a smaller shop...

StarSign

$90 an hour for 3 people!!!! I will hire you for all kinds of work for that price, hell of a deal........

DirtyD

I've went over the ghosting and sunfade aspects. The vinyl currently is Cast material as it was wrapped around rivets very well without popping up. We are very hesitant to quote this job, as it would require us to do logistics to other states to do the work and we have never done that before. I saw dollar signs but then decided to slow down and think that hey this could end up being a complete nightmare and costing us in the long run. Like Ballpark says a Company that specializes in Fleets is probably better off on this one.

I appreciate the input guys...

decalman

I would charge them an hourly rate to remove just one truck. This way everyone has a clearer picture of ka ching,..$.
Ghost's images are normal. They can cover up with new sign,
If they got decals already , then time the install. Multiply x 30 and wulah.

( I would have to hire my 83 year old friend for this, he works 7 hours without a break ) his choice.

This is quite a job bundle here. I would go for it. Lots of $$$ moola.

DirtyD

The problem lies in getting qualified companies in California and Florida to do there part, We would handle the Indiana location.