• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Primer to get LH100 ink to stick to corrugated?

al mengel

We have a mimaki JFX 200 printer that uses the LH100 line of ink. We have been having issues finding a primer that works well on yard sign material (Corrugated). I used a primer from Kolorcure that worked great, but about a year has gone by and customers that ordered yardsigns are saying that the ink is peeling right off now. Does anyone have any solutions?

Thank you in advance!

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Spring for the corrugated plastic that's made for digital printing. It's actually square and the manufacturing conditions provide a clean sheet that (usually) doesn't need anything extra for use. Even with the slight difference in cost between it and "regular" coroplast, you're still saving yourself the time/effort/aggravation of having to wipe down material with the adhesion promoter.
Also, if they're getting a year's use out of a coroplast sign, they've gotten their money's worth.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have 3 customers using the JFX200 and they print coro all day long with no primer but they use the LUS150 inks. Any reason you are using the LH100? It's a softer more flexible ink but it doesn't grab on as hard.