• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Primers on clear vinyl ?

Bcrawf

I have some vector files that I need to print on clear but I want to print them as process(CMYK)
is there an easy way to do a global primer? or do I have to put a primer on every color?
TIA

Jburns

Yes, I think with CMYK object selected, open the fill menu, and click the primer key ( paint brush). Send to output, and check foil order- white should be laying down first - unless you are reverse printing on clear then it would be last

Bcrawf

Yes, I think with CMYK object selected, open the fill menu, and click the primer key ( paint brush). Send to output, and check foil order- white should be laying down first - unless you are reverse printing on clear then it would be last
Thank you! I was able to do the print but I have a clear cutline on the graphic but it is printing some cmy colors (very faint) How can i get it to not print in the clear are?

Billct2

Do you have the border set as "clear"? If you do just remove the clear fill, have it with no fill.

Bcrawf

Thank you, but I did have it set as with no fill. I think my problem was that I was printing a "clipped" .bmp with some vector text around it all on clear. I was trying to print it all as CMYK in Omega plot. When I let it print as Spot and CMYK color everything was fine!