• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Print and cut issues

Gurdeep431

Hello Everyone

I am new to sign making industry with plenty of experience in graphic design. I have purchased used Mimaki JV33 and Graphic FC8000. For printing I am using Rasterlink software and for cutting "Cutting Master3".

After putting registration marks with cutting master3, I print the artwork on Mmimaki JV33 then I tried to cut the contours on Graphtec but it is giving me hard time. Graphtec cutter fails to scan the registration marks.

Is there anybody who can help me to come out from this issue.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Regards
Gurdeep

altereddezignz

I tried using cm3 and graphtec studio and they both fail miserably. I know this dont help but i think most moved to a more printcut friendly software.. I use onyx so sorry i couldnt be more help.

crny1

I have a fc8600 with CM3 and would like to throw both of them out the window 95% of the time if not more.

Are you 100% sure you are putting the material in the graphtec the correct way? I always put a symbol in the bottom right corner of my print so I know which way the print goes into the graphtec by seeing it on the screen in CM3.
How are you aligning the registration marks with the blade? Always put the blade holder in the corner of the registration mark. Imagine a circle nested in the corner of the registration "L". Are you pushing "origin" after lining it up?
At this time of night this is all that comes to mind right off.....................

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Try using the manual bomb sight marks and the plotter's light pointer for registration. It's reasonably foolproof.

Or, if you feel adventurous you might try using manual marks. Do the following...

On your artwork make a bounding rectangle around the image to be contour cut. For simplicity make this rectangle an integer number of inches wide and high and note its dimensions.

Place a registration mark at each corner of this rectangle.

Disable any automatic contour cutting but keep the contour cut path.

Print the image and the registration marks.

Put the print in the plotter, place the blade in position on the first [lower right] mark, and use the plotter's auto reg mark sense. The plotter should find all of the marks. If it doesn't then use the plotter's manual mark sense and it will prompt you to place the blade at each mark. Either way, when all of the marks are sensed the plotter will display the size of the rectangle it has sensed and prompt you to adjust the width [Y] and the height [X] measurements. Enter the previously noted size of the bounding rectangle you created.

Send the contour cut path and the registration marks to the plotter. If you wan to cut the bounding rectangle, always a good idea, send that as well. The plotter will cut the contour path, the rectangle if you sen it, and, irritatingly, the registration marks.

This in one of those things that's orders of magnitude harder to describe than it is to do.The first few times you try it you'll fumble along cursing a bit but practice make perfect and it's really quite easy to do. I do it all the time. Once you get the hang of it you should be able to figure out a way to not cut the registration marks. I'll leave that a a lesson to be learned all by yourself.

As I said I do this all the time, especially on larger prints.