• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Auditing Software

johnyoung99

Looking for some auditing software so that I can leave my printer at a remote location. I want to be able to check if anything has been printed while I am away. I am running Shiraz RIP via Firewire to a Mimaki JV3. Any suggestions?

Shiraz has a log of all printed jobs but this log can be easily deleted.

MikePro

screen share / remote desktop. both accessible by your phone.
or just put a dummy camera in the ceiling, and whoever is using your materials for personal use will be too paranoid to rip you off.

Techman

Your printer has internal meter and records all powered up time and run time for jobs. Check your timers on the printer. It will tell you powered up time and run time.
End of day check it and record it. Won't be long and you get an average usage. Then when your inventory usage goes up and average sale goes down and your printer usage is up.. You will know all.

Or, have your staff record start and stop times for every job from your printers report in the control panel. That will really stop them from running the printer without your permission. Also you can find out a whole lot of other info just from that report. For example. How long was the printer turned off during the last cycle etc.