• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print but will stop cutting

groutch

I have a SP-300 Versacamm with the software colorip my machine will print okey but when it goes to cut it will stop had say processing just does cut until a shut it down start all over again. It seem to do that when
I start it up. Rolland told me it my computer but I have gotten check just
last week all okey. Has anybody came across this or would know why it
does that?:Canada:

zensay

I just had the same problem a few weeks ago and people have told me to update your Verssawork and Firmware. If that does work, recreate your file over again - you might have a hidden layer that doesn't want to read the contour line. Also, try uplugging your machine and switch the power on off to reset your machine. That also helped me.

Write down your IP Address ...then go to start/all programs/Roland Versaworks/ Initialize...this wipes out the settings and any "bugs" that may be there. You will have to reset all your defaults as these are wiped clean as well.including the IP Address. It helps quite often.

JD3

We had a similar issue with our when we first purchased it and it ended up being the a bad motherboard in the computer.

The comp appeared to have worked fine, and the printer would print perfectly however it would intermittently cut. We replaced the MB and it's been gold ever since.

Velocity

limited hard drive space caused this in the past for me.

if your running partitions your print spooler usually runs on your C: drive so if you are running multiple partitions and your C: drive is curtailed to only enough space to run your OS you may have a problem.

just an option.

One thing I forgot to mention is if you have your computer set to go to sleep (not the monitor) after (ie: 20 minutes) this will defiantly stop your print and/or cut at that time. Also, VersaWorks IS available for your printer...if you are interested.

ZsVinylInc

We have had this problem as well from time to time. From what we have figured out it is a communication issue. IF you are running your machine through a router / switch then try and add an additional Ethernet card to your computer that you will set up specifically to run your machine directly. Disconnect the printer from the router and run it to this new network card directly but you need to make sure that the cable you are using is a crossover cable. You can not just us any old ethernet cable. Then hook your original network connection back up to the router.