• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print - Cut off

Goatshaver

This has probably been beaten to death but I'm having alignment issues on my print and cut. As you can see in the image it's off slightly and the circle is 1.5" round. I've gone through numerous calibrations and it still comes out the same. I'm tired of throwing material away for bad cutting.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190117_202716.jpg
    IMG_20190117_202716.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 187

JoeDG

Wide format trainer and creative enthusiast
Offset will be set by the blade type, so normally 0.25 (is in UK anyway!), obvious one but have you done your print and cut calibration?
Are they laminated?
The media could be expanding/contracting from the heater settings.
Pinch wheels and grit rollers all clean?
Does it do this on all jobs?

rjssigns

To the OP. I have the exact same printer and tried everything to make it cut better. New pinch rollers, pulling the machine apart and setting pinch roller tension, new parts etc... Truth is it won't cut better. Take a close look at the specs. You'll be shocked.

No more babying the Roland by cutting jobs into small pieces hoping it could track straight.

I cured the poor cut quality with a Summa. Now I just load the Summa and walk away.

You're welcome.;)

Goatshaver

Offset will be set by the blade type, so normally 0.25 (is in UK anyway!), obvious one but have you done your print and cut calibration?
Are they laminated?
The media could be expanding/contracting from the heater settings.
Pinch wheels and grit rollers all clean?
Does it do this on all jobs?
It may but it might be slight that I can't notice, you can tell on these small border of a circle though.
It may be a little bit of that. I actually went into the service mode and adjusted the print and cut setting and they were off a bit. I got it tightened up a little bit more.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I have been having issues with cutting my prints (HP560, cut on Q54) intermittently. No matter how carefully I set it up, the cuts would be off just slightly. I was also having a lot of headstrikes while printing, and finally dropped the heat down several notches to keep my vinyl from buckling. Since I have done that, my cuts have been pretty much dead on. So I figure the extra heat was expanding the vinyl enough that once cooled, it contracted and caused the cutting issue. So yes, drop your heat to where it still cures the ink, but doesn't warp the vinyl.

Goatshaver

To the OP. I have the exact same printer and tried everything to make it cut better. New pinch rollers, pulling the machine apart and setting pinch roller tension, new parts etc... Truth is it won't cut better. Take a close look at the specs. You'll be shocked.

No more babying the Roland by cutting jobs into small pieces hoping it could track straight.

I cured the poor cut quality with a Summa. Now I just load the Summa and walk away.

You're welcome.;)
Hahaha! I know I'm shooting for the stars with a rusty rocket. lol I thought if I got busy enough I'd get a separate cutter, but that's a ways off.

rjssigns

Hahaha! I know I'm shooting for the stars with a rusty rocket. lol I thought if I got busy enough I'd get a separate cutter, but that's a ways off.

Check with Phil at Airmark. My Summa was a trade show demo. Got a great deal on it.

I should have gotten mine years ago. All the time wasted making manageable pieces for the Roland and it still "eats" the job. Printing jobs two, three or more times just to get enough usable product for a job then having to place all those separate pieces, more wasted time.

I've been exactly where you are and wasted so much money and time I could have bought two Summas.

Do yourself a favor and get a Summa. Buy once, cry once. I guarantee once you can load and walk away your stress level will drop considerably.

Goatshaver

Check with Phil at Airmark. My Summa was a trade show demo. Got a great deal on it.

I should have gotten mine years ago. All the time wasted making manageable pieces for the Roland and it still "eats" the job. Printing jobs two, three or more times just to get enough usable product for a job then having to place all those separate pieces, more wasted time.

I've been exactly where you are and wasted so much money and time I could have bought two Summas.

Do yourself a favor and get a Summa. Buy once, cry once. I guarantee once you can load and walk away your stress level will drop considerably.

Yeah I'm getting to that point of throwing out as much bad as good on some things and just all the extra time spent reprinting or trying to make adjustments is driving me nuts. Noting wrong with looking for a good used or refurbished machine.

Thanks! I'll do some research.