• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print & cut roller running off on reverse - HELP!!!

discountdecals

Hi Folks, For a while now I've been battling why my print & cut keeps running off. I thought it was the optical eye itself was at fault or the paper not lined but if the paper is in line, rolled forward 1.5m it stays in line. Once it is reversed / paper taken back into the machine, it appears to have more pressure . roll in quicker on the left (looking at the machine) and rolls the paper off therefore throwing the cut completely off. It appears in 1.5m to run off 6mm on the x axis and y axis.
The print and cut machine is a tjet 1671c,
I hope someone can advise, thank you

CS-SignSupply

How old is the unit? Consider replacing both left and right pinch roller wheels.

One may be slightly more coned than the other from wear.

discountdecals

Thanks for the speedy reply, the machine is only 4 or 5 months old. I have 15 rollers going aCROSS THE WIDTH OF THE MACHINE HERE, sorry for the caps

rjssigns

Time to do a simple check on how much pressure you're getting out of each pinch roller.

Turn power off and unplug machine.

Take a small strip of material 5cm x 25cm.

Move a single wheel off of the grit roll onto the platen.

Place material under the wheel and lower the wheel.

Gently pull the material to get a "feel" for the tension.

Do this at each pinch wheel location.

This should reveal which rollers are not doing their job.

Should be fairly simple to adjust the tension.

This is how I figured out my Roland had so little tension it couldn't hold register over super short distances.

It is so much better now and I'm in the fine tuning phase of getting it back to factory spec.