• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print head carriage very slow in Wasatch

benski

Just wondering what would be the best way to print higher number of copies in wasatch. Im experiencing very slow carriage movement on my mutoh rj900. It will pause at times for 3 secs per side. The options are: add 10 garment pieces on my pdf file (which can be tricky at times since Ai will not allow more than 218" clipboard), bring in 1 single file image then hit the duplicate button 9 times or bring in single file and just hit 10 copies in wasatch. Just looking for best speed if anybody knows?
wasatch V 7.4
files created at 150 dpi
connected ethernet network
profile @ 720 by 720 4 passes
thx

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sending 1 file and then clicking 10 copies is the fastest way. It RIPs the single file and then just steps it across the media. If you put all of them in one file, it has to RIP all of them. Also, if your machine is stalling, your computer is not powerful enough, the network is malfunctioning or not setup properly, and/or the RIP is setup to wait after each pass.

benski

Sending 1 file and then clicking 10 copies is the fastest way. It RIPs the single file and then just steps it across the media. If you put all of them in one file, it has to RIP all of them. Also, if your machine is stalling, your computer is not powerful enough, the network is malfunctioning or not setup properly, and/or the RIP is setup to wait after each pass.

Stalling thats good way to put it. It never used to do this as much as recently. Although I did put in a new hard drive recently so maybe I did setup something incorrectly. I will double check my network...as for RIP waiting after each pass Im not familiar with but will look into it. Thanks!!