• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Head Doctor

justntym

Customer Service terrible at Printhead Doctor

I tried it. Not pleased at all.... I got the machine to refresh some of the printheads on one of my HP35500 (Colorspan 5460). Upon receipt of the machine on October 6th 2011, I ran it multiple cycles at the specified pressure. The jets appeared to be clean but when I put it back in the printer, the head still didn't print well. I assume that the pressure of the machine is greater than the normal operating pressure of the printhead so the machine was able to "push" the fluid through the semi-plugged nozzles.

At the advice from Vladimir at the PrintHead Doctor, I tried the #3 UV cleaner with a reverse flush. This just plugged up the entire head. I contacted Vladimir at their Customer Service via email twice and left a voice mail within a weeks time and had no response. I then sent an email asking for an RMA to send the product back since it didn't work as advertised. I got a response then. They sent a call tag on their account to ship the print head to them and they would clean it, they received the head on October 14th 2011. After 2 weeks and no response, I tried multiple times to contact them again with no response. I then emailed again for an RMA and to send my print head back. The next day on 10/28 I got another response.
"We were waiting for our strongest fluid #5UV to arrive. It's coming in today.
Without it, it's hard to clean the heads that were re-clogged.
I will run your print head first and will update you on the results."

My feeling is, "I'm cool with that, but don't ignore me....."

I got an email 2 days later saying their chemist needed to create a stronger fluid to clean the head. They had me send a printed sample on their account for testing. On 11/10, another response stated that it was almost clean and they were working on the stronger fluid. On 11/17 they told me

"I ran a little stronger version of fluid 7UV in your print head and it cleared it after a few cycles.

I will send that print head back to you - please test it and tell me about the result.

That's the last I have heard from them. I emailed them on Monday 11/28 to see if they had shipped my print head and have had no response.

I can't give an honest review of the machine across the board for other print heads, but my experience with their customer service has been dismal. :frustrated:

If this had been my primary printer, I would be out of business by now. Fortunately it's my back-up. I would not recommend this product to anyone based on the poor "after-the-sale" service. It's not worth the risk to be down for over 2 months. I think I have been a Research and Development project for them. Once again "not what was advertised".

Just buy the new printhead (however pricey it is) and move on. I have wasted countless hours on this project. (still have no print head or response as of today 11/30).

CustomRide

I have been thinking about posting on this Print Head Doctor company for the past few months. I will make a separate thread on this when I have time with some photos for everyone to see.

I bought their $2200 deluxe kit.

The guy I spoke with Mark makes it sounds like he has millions invested into his cleaning solutions....loves talking about all the things they are "working on" and about to release. When in reality they know someone who is good at marketing a $45 jewelry cleaner with 2 $8 fish tank air pumps online and talk a big game on the phone and by email.

Mark, kept using some CNC supplier guy as an excuse for delays then customs....then my head brackets would not even work for the DX4 heads. The machining work was wrong.

The solvent solution foams all over the electronics part of the head...which I don't care what anyone says it takes 1 bad pin to cause havoc on a head board or main board ect.

Mentions getting parts from Taiwan as they are better quality than China....but everything they got comes from China. Pumps in their "CNC box" are about $8 from China.

Always loved telling me they are just so busy that they are backed up at least 7-10 days or more....I know thats code for send me your money so I can place my airmail order with China to build your goods. Once the 10 day mark hits you will get a response from them like they have to go pick one remaining part from customs and it will ship out in 2-3 days....blah blah blah.

On their print head recovery side of things....I have bought printers from 2 companies who said they sent their heads into Print head doctor and they lost them. I can't vouch for their story but if you get a similar response your not alone.

I saw their ads hit on signs101 and I don't think Fred knows what type of company this is....I would not let them be associated with me in the slightest.

I am not angry at them....it was a lesson learned however I don't agree with sham style marketing for a product that is not even close to doing what it is advertised to do and too boot they use the poor economy in their phone sales spiel when they are preying on innocent small businesses.

It's one of those situation where I learned a lot about what it takes to really get a print head cleaned out correctly....but more importantly it helped me understand some (or all print heads using certain eco solvent inks) print heads will never go back to %90 nozzle firing range. There is a lot of factors involved and that is one of the things Print Head Doctor fails to explain....along with their poor product. Those solutions are not worth anything....I don't know whats in them and don't care to be honest. Half of them smell like pinesol but that is really besides the point.

Do yourself, your customers and bottom line a favor get a new print head.

This kit builds up too much pressure and will blow out most of the print heads that are hooked up too it even with their " relief valve " used properly. It does not dissolve dried up ink like they.

inkmed

As experience, special in Epson DX4 and DX5 printer heads, refresh is not tried way.
There will be crystal inside when the printer heads scrapped.
So, even though the nozzle can be clear, print result will not be good as new heads.

Adam from Inkmed

4R Graphics

I cant reply about the actual print head doctor system. However I watched a video on youtube about it a few years back and I built my own system and I have to say with my system and just flush I have easilly saved 3 or 4 heads and anytime I get a few deflections I fire it up and most times it fixes them right up. Again I built my own system and just use regular flush. I have a Mimaki JV3 with the DX4 heads and we run full solvent Triangle bulk ink. I use the triangle JVS flush.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We have Vuteks here that use the SPECTRA 256 heads and the Seiko Heads and each came with its own wash station.. I would love to be able to port over my oldest wash station to see if I can use it as a recovery for my DX 4 heads.....

jhanson

The difference between Spectra, Seiko, Konica and Epson heads is that the first three heads are classified as "industrial" heads. Their piezo chamber openings are typically 3-4 times the size of the chambers in an Epson head, and the heads themselves are usually constructed with much tougher materials (stainless steel in the case of the Spectra NOVA 256).

If you try to clean an Epson head the same way you would clean a Spectra head, you will literally destroy the Epson head.

justntym

Finally got my printhead back from the Printhead Doctor in January. I tried their "new and improved" solution but did not receive any results. The printhead I had sent back to them was junk when I got it back. Only fired half of the jets. Vladimir told me I could return the machine with a refund less $500.00 to replace parts that had come in contact with the solution. They sent out a call tag with UPS and I shipped it back to them. I tracked the package and it was received on February 2nd 2012. A full month has passed since they received the unit back. I have contacted them twice since to see when I would receive my refund but they have not responded. Customer Service continues to be a disappointment. The next step I will have to do is contact American Express and request a chargeback if I don't hear from them soon.

rjssigns

All this is good info. If I ever need to get my Roland's heads flushed I may use the fuel injector cleaner at my friends race shop. Mega-dollar fully computerized unit with ultrasonic bath. What is the worst that could happen? The head is already out because it is not working correctly.

My next printer will probably be an HP with disposable heads.

gill

We were using the printdoctor to clean solvent DX4 printheads ... and now want to clean waterbase DX4 printheads ... is there a fluid we need to run through the tubes first ?

ELITE

Printhead doctor

PRINTHEAD DOCTOR REVIEW
I wanted to write a review on this machine as I had previously read discouraging reviews on this printhead cleaning machine on signs101.com
I am owner of a printing and sign making company in the uk, I have a Agfa Anapurna amongst many other machines, I had been operating this machine for approximately 2 years without any issues with my heads. After this time I had streaking lines in print and my spectra printheads needed either replacing or cleaning. I was advised to use neat acetone to clean my printheads, I wasn't in a position to spend £12,000 for new heads so I purchased 5 litres of acetone. I ran the liquid through my heads which caused serious problems, it actually made the problem a lot worse. I then went onto the net to see if there was any other options. I came across printheaddoctor.com, I reaserched this machine and their were mixed reviews, some of which were bad reviews. I had to try this option and purchased the machine which arrived after a few days. I then ran through the process of cleaning the heads on the printhead doctor machine. I thought it would recover the printheads only slightly. To my amazement 8 out of 10 heads came up really well, my engineer was also shocked and put the heads back in the machine. I produced all of the jobs after that without any problems.
This machine only cost around £1500 but has saved me just on the first instance £12,000. I was delighted, and wanted to put the record straight. ITS A FANTASTIC MACHINE AND IT DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS IT WILL DO AND WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF MONEY. MONEY WELL SPENT! A VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER OF PRINTHEADDOCTOR.COM

philkeenan

Printhead Doctor

I have been using Printhead Doctor technology for about 12 months, applied to some very difficult printhead
problems. (considered impossible to repair). I'd like to say that Printhead Doctors technology and advice are excellent, and well-researched and designed. I've found Vladimir Galentovsky's (Printhead Doctor owner) advice and service second to none, and he is the best in the business. If you have the patience and confidence to take on printhead recovery, you can't go wrong in investing in one of Printhead Doctor's machines.

http://www.printheaddoctor.com/

Just wondering if anyone had tried this? Worth the money?
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

player

PRINTHEAD DOCTOR REVIEW
I wanted to write a review on this machine as I had previously read discouraging reviews on this printhead cleaning machine on signs101.com
I am owner of a printing and sign making company in the uk, I have a Agfa Anapurna amongst many other machines, I had been operating this machine for approximately 2 years without any issues with my heads. After this time I had streaking lines in print and my spectra printheads needed either replacing or cleaning. I was advised to use neat acetone to clean my printheads, I wasn't in a position to spend £12,000 for new heads so I purchased 5 litres of acetone. I ran the liquid through my heads which caused serious problems, it actually made the problem a lot worse. I then went onto the net to see if there was any other options. I came across printheaddoctor.com, I reaserched this machine and their were mixed reviews, some of which were bad reviews. I had to try this option and purchased the machine which arrived after a few days. I then ran through the process of cleaning the heads on the printhead doctor machine. I thought it would recover the printheads only slightly. To my amazement 8 out of 10 heads came up really well, my engineer was also shocked and put the heads back in the machine. I produced all of the jobs after that without any problems.
This machine only cost around £1500 but has saved me just on the first instance £12,000. I was delighted, and wanted to put the record straight. ITS A FANTASTIC MACHINE AND IT DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS IT WILL DO AND WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF MONEY. MONEY WELL SPENT! A VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER OF PRINTHEADDOCTOR.COM

I have been using Printhead Doctor technology for about 12 months, applied to some very difficult printhead
problems. (considered impossible to repair). I'd like to say that Printhead Doctors technology and advice are excellent, and well-researched and designed. I've found Vladimir Galentovsky's (Printhead Doctor owner) advice and service second to none, and he is the best in the business. If you have the patience and confidence to take on printhead recovery, you can't go wrong in investing in one of Printhead Doctor's machines.

So here we have a thread about a product, and this product/company/service gets a bunch of bad reviews and warning. Then these two glowing reviews pop up and each reviewer has 1 and 2 posts in total on this site.

Hmmmm...

UnlimitedBT

PrintHead Doctor 7

I just bought a Printhead Doctor 7 with DX-4 plates, Lets see how it goes, I was told that it takes them 2 to 5 business days to build the machine which is reasonable enough. I will write the review after testing. So far so good - phone being picked up immediately and person on other end friendly and knowledgeable.
Roman.