• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Print Head High/Low Print Problem

miguelc

Hi There!

I'm new here, howeever I hope you will be able to help me or at least give some tips on how to handle my problem.

I have a Mutoh VJ1204 and recently experience to have a problem with BLACK color. As you can see on the attached image the text print with Head set to High does not perfectly match what results in blurred text printout.
While printing I have lowered the head to Low state and in started to print text much better with sharp edges.

Please have a look at the attached image.

What I have tried so far with no luck:
- Head vertical alignment
- Uni-D /Bi-D adjustment parameters
- Head Voltage Adjustment
- CR belt tension adjustment
- Cleaning T fence
- Cleaning PF_ENC scale

I am running out of ideas what may be the problem. I suspect this may be a head failure.

Please advise.

Regards,
Miguel

Attachments

• head_issue_1.jpg
    head_issue_1.jpg
    706.1 KB · Views: 228

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you change the head height you have to run the bi-directional alignments again. It takes longer for the ink drops to fall from the head and therfore messes up your alignment.

With high head state you'll always have lower quality, this is how it works. You can use unidirectional printing to get better results, yet better uni-dir+ slow head speed.