• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print/Lam/Cut with missing rear crops

Acee76

Hi guys,
I have some large decals for vehicle signage that I have Printed and Laminated However I have just realised after squaring off the ends after Laminating that I have accidentally trimmed off and misplaced the rear crops and need to run it back through Versaworks to Contour cut the graphics. Rookie error, I know, HA!
Am I still able to run it through for Cutcontour without the rear crops somehow? Or should I try lining up the front crops and run the rip file as a cut only file and hope it cuts where its supposed to? Its only a 2 metre long job on a Roland SP540V, but I am hoping someone out there has done this before and can help out.

Thanks in advance guys.

woolly

Hi guys,
I have some large decals for vehicle signage that I have Printed and Laminated However I have just realised after squaring off the ends after Laminating that I have accidentally trimmed off and misplaced the rear crops and need to run it back through Versaworks to Contour cut the graphics. Rookie error, I know, HA!
Am I still able to run it through for Cutcontour without the rear crops somehow? Or should I try lining up the front crops and run the rip file as a cut only file and hope it cuts where its supposed to? Its only a 2 metre long job on a Roland SP540V, but I am hoping someone out there has done this before and can help out.

Thanks in advance guys.

got the T shirt
the main problem is you will run out of material at the end and uncover the rear media eye although the pinch rollers may still be on the material. tag a post it note in the right position to fool it.

draw a line across the media just touching the marks line that up with the bed, set up as normal using the arrow keys position the knife tip over the tip of the first mark tick, press new origin
re rip the file as cut only with no marks and send . worth a shot as its a bin job already.
unfortunately no compensation will be applied so cut may be a bit out,

rjssigns

Just a thought...
Tape on a piece of vinyl to replace whats missing.
Measure horiz/vert distance between existing crop marks.
Make new crop marks and place in correct location.

Acee76

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll give it a go and cross my fingers.
Really Appreciate the help though.