• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Print length problem

So I try to print wallpapers and I get inconsistent print lengths with mimaki cjv150. Some rolls print perfectly while some print are longer on one side or another by +- 1.5mm (1/16 inch)

This error is on 2.5m ( ~100" ) and the funny thing is if I print 2 rolls one after another sometimes they are okay, sometimes one is off on one side, sometimes it's off on the other side.

Tried moving the material on the other part of the machine, tried high pressure on the rollers, low pressure, mid pressure, 2 rollers only, 5 rollers - same results.

Tried to de-roll the big roll so it can pull the material freely - all this without take up unit

I also used different materials - nothing seems to help.

I'm out of ideas, please share if you know something I missed.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Good idea to invert your panels i.e. print first one right side up then rotate the next print 180deg.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mimaki doesn't really publish their print length accuracy like they used to but based on older similar models, you can expect to have about a +/- 1/8th inch variance over an 8 foot length. So it sounds like you are actually within spec.

Mimaki doesn't really publish their print length accuracy like they used to but based on older similar models, you can expect to have about a +/- 1/8th inch variance over an 8 foot length. So it sounds like you are actually within spec.

What really bothers me is that I cannot understand why is one side longer than the other (left side vs right side of a 24" wide print) . If it'd be equally long or short that'd be a thing, but why does it randomly decide which side to push (pull) harder?