• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print on matte black

klingsdesigns

Looking to print black logo on matte black 1080 and then lam with matte lam. Anyone ever do this? Looking to do customers logo hidden in the racing stripes on his camaro. Figured it would look neat if it turned out.

klingsdesigns

What about printing onto clear and laminating that to the black before laminating the black. Perhaps it will give the ink some perceived 'depth' since it's on clear before the black. Alternately cut black logos, stick to black film, laminate.
I'd had a similar idea but with white. Print a logo onto white film, voidcut the words "after dark" under the logo, cut and place reflective lettering in the void, laminate everything with black perf. Never tried it but I may now for kicks.
logo is too detailed to cut that small otherwise that would be cool just to put under striping and have the embossed look.

jfiscus

Rap Master
What about using black reflective and printing black on that. Flood everything with black except for the logo and then laminate with black.
We did white reflective this way (white ink) and it turned out really cool.

Attachments

• 1700456 CCHMC Ambulance Unit 9 (2).JPG
    1700456 CCHMC Ambulance Unit 9 (2).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 186

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Why ask, when you have the tools to try! The amount of stuff we try is pretty unreal. People come to us with out there ideas, and we will try, not for them but for us. Because if results are good, we not only have pleased out client, we've developed a new product.

equippaint

What about skipping the laminate? The gloss would eventually fade away but it would still look fine.
Could cut out the logo in the matte roll and laminate it over gloss black vinyl then cut the stripes out of this.