• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Quality Perforated Vinyl (Mimaki CJV-30)

yor

When I print on regular vinyl or translucent one I use 3M IJ180C profile to get a very good quality, but if I use the same profile for perforated vinyl my quality is hardly acceptable.

What are you doing, please, to have good quality in this case?

Joe House

Hi Yor,
The problem is that your missing 30 -50% of your color due to the holes. Also, when placed on a window this equates to adding 30 - 50% black into your image. It's tough because you really can't create a profile for that material. Others on here may have a formula for getting balanced color match, but I would start with lightening up the art work somewhat. It will probably take some trial and error to get it right though.
Hopefully others have a better answer to this.

Good Luck,

yor

Hi Joe,
Your help is very appreciated.. thank you very much!

Hi Yor,
The problem is that your missing 30 -50% of your color due to the holes. Also, when placed on a window this equates to adding 30 - 50% black into your image. It's tough because you really can't create a profile for that material. Others on here may have a formula for getting balanced color match, but I would start with lightening up the art work somewhat. It will probably take some trial and error to get it right though.
Hopefully others have a better answer to this.

Good Luck,

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
Also with window perf, it helps to stand back a bit. I know the holes screw with my eyes if I'm standing too close.