• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Print stopped in the middle of the job...

Anastasi55

... Can I still have what was printed cut on the Graphtec? I'd hand cut if it was just paper rectangles, except now I'm doing decals in a complex shape...

bannertime

If it stopped before printing the final ARMS mark, then you're out of luck. There may be ways to manual line up and cut, but you get one chance.

bannertime

What program are you using? What marks are you using? Did you use the RIP to create the marks or the design program?

bannertime

This is from the few times we did manual cuts. Our process involved using the ARMS marks the we created manually as cut lines and then plotting them on the printed graphic to see how accurate it was.
  1. Make a 1pt cut line over the marks.
  2. Put printed graphic on cutter.
  3. Line up cutting head over mark, set as origin.
  4. send cut file with only cut marks
  5. see how accurate it cuts. adjust start position as needed
  6. adjust the materials feed if it's skewed.
  7. resend and repeat until the lines are cutting exactly over the registration marks.
We soon realized it's not worth it and it's better to reprint or finish by hand. This has worked when those two options weren't possible.

Anastasi55

Luckily, there were ARMS marks at what would have been a quarter and a half way through the job. I only had to hand cut two decals, and the sales manager can put them on his own truck... It was so strange that the printer misinterpreted the media as being at the end of the roll when there was plenty...

stxrmxn

shame the Graphtecs do not have an option like the Mimaki to read only the first set of crop marks and then start cutting.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
In a pinch you can use the graphtec cutting plug-in(Cutting Master 3) for illustrator and reset the crop marks to be just the 2 on the leading edge. I've done it (more than once) when I hit the end of a roll printing and had just 2 marks to work with.
If the cut is not too long it is fine.