• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Print to cut - Roland XJ-640 & Summacut d60r

Ricki Susic

Hi,

Is it possible to cut a print made on Roland xj 640 Versaworks - cutter is Summacut d60r.

I tried to make 3x3mm rectangels in each corner of the print, and then I don't know what the further proces is.

Any help appreciated.

Best Regards
Ricki Susic

rjssigns

What you're doing won't work. You need to use the Summa plug in for Illustrator to set up contour cut and registration marks.

Ricki Susic

I'm not using Illustrator - I use Affinity Designer.
Are you saying that There is no way to make it work at all?
I recall having read a thread about a Work around to do this.

signheremd

We use a Graphtec and Flexi and you can't simply make squares and the cut will line up. The contour cuts shouldn't all be grouped with the individual colors or some are transferred and some are not. So we position everything and then use the Contour CutMark tool and choose the crop marks that work for our plotter/cutter. Now if you printed a box with a stroke outside your whole graphic and then changed that box from stroke to a cut, theoretically you could use the edge to get it straight on the cutter and position the blade directly over the corner and send the cut and it should line up - pretty closely. But Most Summa cutters do have the ability to read the crop marks set up for using Contour CutMark tool (Flexi comes with Summa drivers). I am not sure if Affinity Designer has the print cut feature. As someone else said, you can set this up in Illustrator too. I would contact the person that sold you the Summa and see how to do this through Affinity Designer.

Ricki Susic

SOLVED

Thank's for your replies. It was a bit of a struggle BUT now it works. I'll describe the process here:
1. create a spot-color swatch CMYK ONLY 100% magenta in Affinity Designer
2. Rename that color "CutContour"
3. Make the contour line around the graphic with this stroke-color - no fill
4. Create 3x3mm black rectangles at each outer corner of the print.
5. Print ( Versaworks )
6. Create a pdf-file where the graphic layers are invisible, but the magenta cutlines are visible
7. Open file in Wincut
8. Load print face up in cutter
9. OPOS cut in program
10. Set tool on top of first rectangle in the left side
11. enter - and were off

Hope this will help other users out there. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards
Ricki