• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Print white and color at the same time?

Auder

Hi

Would it be possible to make a solid list of good RIP softwares that allow white and color printing in one single pass?

The only software that I know able to do this is WhiteRIP which is a good software with very nice features and a SINCROPRINT option that allow white base and color printing at the same time. The software is however expensive and I'm looking for cheaper alternatives.

Acrorip 8.2.6 does not allow dual printing (white and color)

What softwares are you guys running for this task?

Auder

Does Onyx handle dual print?

I guess Versaworks is only compatible with Roland products right?

Auder

I believe VW is only compatible with Roland since it is their proprietary software. (Not 1000% about that though)

In onyx you have up to 3 layers available, which can include spot (white), flood spot (white), cmyk, empty, etc. The most common one we use is spot/spot/CMYK for printing on clear or dark substrates. Works great, and the presets are simple to customize.

Thanks i'll try Onyx as soon as possible :)

Auder

Great.

I plan using an Epson R330 or R320 with UV inks (no DTG) with this software. Hopefully they have a compatible product.

Auder

I also have a demo version of EK PRINT STUDIO.

I don't know if this product would work with UV ink or DTG only. Anyone having experience with it ?

Last edited:

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I don't know what you mean by "dual print" but onyx can print mulitiple 'layers' but I'm pretty sure it's up to your printer if it can handle it.

On my Arizona. I can print up to 3 layers. I can do configurations like colour white colour. Or colour white white. You can add spot channels ect.

noisegeek

This sort of thing is more limited by the specific printer you have than the RIP that is driving it.
To the best of my knowledge, all RIPs treat white ink as a spot color, it's up to the printer/driver how that spot channel can be handled.

Auder

I have tested my printer with a demo version of whiteRIP and It can definitely handle multiple layers. (White and color at the same time) This function in white RIP as I said above is called SINCROPRINT.

I don't know what you mean by "dual print"

I mean a single print that handles a white layer and the color.

Correct Color

There is no Onyx driver for the R330 or R320. There's also no Caldera driver. No Flexisigns driver either. And yes, Versaworks is Roland only.

But all of these RIP's are large format RIP's, and the small R series Epsons are not considered large format printers.

My suggestion would be that if WhiteRIP will do the job, bite the bullet and buy it.

Auder

But all of these RIP's are large format RIP's, and the small R series Epsons are not considered large format printers.

How strange is that. I have contacted EKprint and asked them about my printer compatibility with their product (EKprint Studio DTG software) Here's the answer:

"Thank you for your inquiry. You may test with EKPrint Studio for R1430 which supports 6 channels DTG printers."

They advice me to use R1430 drivers with my printer.. I suppose they don't have any R330 driver for their software so they just advice me to use the closest R serie driver they have...

Isn't that risky ?

Chasez

we use onyx 10 with our epson s50-670 and can print white and colour in the same pass. Though the epson has 2 PH (one that prints the white and the other prints the colour), but onyx handles it with ease.

Chaz