Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Print White with Jeti 3150x2

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by cwb143, Aug 21, 2012.

1. cwb143

cwb143 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    USA
    As some of you know I run a Jeti 3150 x2. And the question I have is
    how about printing white? I understand it takes about 4 hours to set up
    the white and get it printing? I have enough work to compensate for this down time but does it do a good job? does the white look good and are there any other problems that come up? since I've taken over this machine the white has been inactive and its a 4 year old machine. Would love to hear
    some of you guys that have had any experience with white in a gandi 3150x2 printer. Thanks.

Tags:
  2. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
    While ours are set up as 6 color, I have spent some time on a 4+W+cl 3150. I can't speak to the changeover time, but I can tell you will need to build a profile as well. So factor this time in. On the one we tested that had a good profile it was being used for fine art work, and printed beautifully with white and clear even in 4c mode.

3. cwb143

cwb143 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    USA
    Ok good thanks forgot about the profile. doubt they'll want to invest the time but its good to know.

4. cwb143

cwb143 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    USA
    Also which print head does the white come out? and that Clear?

5. prateek kathuria

prateek kathuria New Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Hi, Need help.
    I am planning to buy used Jeti 1224 which was decommissioned and flushed 3 months back by Gandi professionals, I cant see it test run, I need help to know if the heads would still be in working condition after 4 months if they are flushed professionally?