• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printable Blockout Material

RJones

Does someone have any recommendations for an opaque blockout material that can be directly printed to? We operate Vutek GS 3250 pro series printers. Material has to be Thicker than 3 mil. Trying to get multiple uses out of each board. All input is apprecdiated.

RJones

Thank you! Yes, i am looking for a blockout adhesive material. Absolutely Pat, buying new boards opposed to covering them gives me the ability to cut cost by morethan half. I'm not necesarily looking for 3M products but if there is one that someone uses I'm open to trying it.

J Hill Designs

most PSV with grey adhesive is blockout...

3m makes true blockout - 3635-20(b) - (b is for black front white adhesive side, no b and its white front black adhesive side)

RJones

No worries Pat but thanks for trying to help. Thanks J Hill, that is exactly the process. Unforunately the material has to be fairly thick so that the blockout material isn't embossed with the image that is being covered. i know this is going to be a challenge because I've tried several materials already. Thought I may come across someone with the same issue. I have a material coming in called Duravinyl 305 barrier Film but it 6 mil and I'm afraid I'll have the same result as before.

J Hill Designs

3635 is pretty durned thick

edit: oh and just looked it up. 3635-20 (white face) 3635-22 (black face)

edit again: 6mil as well

new boards are probably cheaper, too

as my boss says: "just dont f**k up"