• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printable frosted glass vinyl?

housemusikid

I have heard of the company. I have used their products before with great success. I, however, have never used this particular product. I would say try to ask for a sample roll if you can.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I print on the Oracal etched from time to time. It prints pretty well. Blues and greens tend to be a taste darker, reds tend to do fine, and yellows tend to be brassy.

None of it so much the the average client would object or even be able to tell the difference from printing on white media. As long as you don't print the same image on white media and set it next to the print on the etched.

My biggest problem with etched is if I have to do a contour cut. It's a real crap shoot getting the plotter to read the registration marks.

Letterbox Mike

Avery Etchmark and Oracal 8510 both print great. Don't expect colors to be accurate obviously since you're printing on a translucent gray substrate, but it takes ink very well.

MacTac's Frosted B-Free that rfulford mentioned also prints really well and has a bit whiter of a color to it to your colors will look a bit better. It also installs pretty well. It's unforgiving but it's nice to have a frosted that you can apply dry.

johnnysigns

I print a lot on the mactac bubble free frost material with eco solvent and uv w/ great results. When I can, I use their bubble free clear for 2nd surface windows too if budget allows. It's a breeze to install.

MikePro

i print on Gerber Frosted Crystal all the time, even though it says nothing about being "solvent printable". laminate with cast and ur set!

Anicom

The Mactac B-free products are great I agree with johnnysigns, it's perfect for second surface work. It saves time and mess needing no app fluid. great product.

wleong

I know this is an old thread but trying to install a rather large (34"x54") Bfree Frosted was a bear. Does anyone have any installation tips and techniques for dry application?

DerbyCitySignGuy

I know this is an old thread but trying to install a rather large (34"x54") Bfree Frosted was a bear. Does anyone have any installation tips and techniques for dry application?

Wet apply. It takes a little longer to dry, but you can still wet apply. We only dry apply small pieces.

tbullo

Superunknown
We recently tried some Concept 790AE and it worked great. Printable and air release. But not cast.