• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions printable frosted vinyl that we will see on both sides

bigben

So I need suggestions for a material. Right now, I'm using GlassAdhere frost for printing that we can see both side. It's a great product, but I need something with real adhesive like regular frosted vinyl because it is too easy for people to remove the material.

So I need a printable frosted vinyl, compatible with latex printer, with a mostly white color (not silver), with good light transmission. I would prefer something that is wet apply (so with a film liner, not paper).

I've tried the mactac bfree frosted vinyl. It work great, but is too opaque. The visual on the ''ink side'' is 100%, but the other side is just at 50% opacity. Compared to the glass adhere that is 100% on one side and 90% on the other side.

I saw a window made by a competitor, but I can't find a material that will recreate this.

fresh

I have a test on my window right now... I printed in reverse on cal matte lam and installed it on the inside of the window. Its very light frost, but the printed part looks great on both the inside and outside.

Attachments

• IMG_4365.jpg
    IMG_4365.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 495

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I have a test on my window right now... I printed in reverse on cal matte lam and installed it on the inside of the window. Its very light frost, but the printed part looks great on both the inside and outside.
Never thought of trying that....which matte lam you using? I have Oracal 210 and GF Matte....not sure how well they would print but I wanna try it out.

bigben

interesting. I wonder how hard would be the install for larger piece like 50in X 100in. Also, I don't think I will be able to print on this with my L260

I've been using MacTac's JT5798M Dusted vinyl and have had great experiences with it.

Do you have a picture of both side of the print?

RISEgraphics

I don't, unfortunately. I've always saved the photos of our completed tradeshow booths, but just started at a new exhibit house and don't have access to those photos anymore.

Attached is the only picture I could find of one of the many dusted vinyl applications I've done and really isn't the best example I could give you, but gives a bit of the idea. The frosted version from Mac Tac is a lot more transparent than the dusted, if you would like to call your local supplier for samples of each. I would highly recommend it.

Attachments

• LectrosonicsNAB.jpg
    LectrosonicsNAB.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 485

fresh

interesting. I wonder how hard would be the install for larger piece like 50in X 100in. Also, I don't think I will be able to print on this with my L260

do it wet? I used calendared lam because it was just a test for something else, but i'd like to try it out with cast. BUT Then I'm sure I'd print on the lam, and then laminate it with the same thing to make it easier to install. Either way, 50x100 without air release is most likely going to be a wet install, which would be fine with laminate.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
So I need suggestions for a material. Right now, I'm using GlassAdhere frost for printing that we can see both side. It's a great product, but I need something with real adhesive like regular frosted vinyl because it is too easy for people to remove the material.

So I need a printable frosted vinyl, compatible with latex printer, with a mostly white color (not silver), with good light transmission. I would prefer something that is wet apply (so with a film liner, not paper).

I've tried the mactac bfree frosted vinyl. It work great, but is too opaque. The visual on the ''ink side'' is 100%, but the other side is just at 50% opacity. Compared to the glass adhere that is 100% on one side and 90% on the other side.

I saw a window made by a competitor, but I can't find a material that will recreate this.

Try the General Formulations 790 AE. Light Frosted Air Egress.

ikarasu

Mactac has a bubble free version thats made for printing. It's mostly silverish though.

when I applied it... it peeled off super easy and it worried me that it wouldn't stick. When I let it sit for 24 hours, it held on just as good as normal wet install Mactac. So if you do try it, don't freak out when it's as easy to remove as a freshly installed removable vinyl.

bigben

Try the General Formulations 790 AE. Light Frosted Air Egress.

Thanks for the informations. I'll try to have a sample roll.

Mactac has a bubble free version thats made for printing. It's mostly silverish though.

when I applied it... it peeled off super easy and it worried me that it wouldn't stick. When I let it sit for 24 hours, it held on just as good as normal wet install Mactac. So if you do try it, don't freak out when it's as easy to remove as a freshly installed removable vinyl.

I have used this one. First, it is too silver and opaque to have a good print on booth sides. Also, if I don't use premask, we can see the lines where I pull the liner when I install it.

Bly

metamark silver etch works well for that, it really sticks well. (unlike other metamark vinyls)

Metamark Dusted etch is even better. We use a lot of it printed on the rear.
This job was done in 3 layers with white in between colour on our Arizona but even without white they still look good.
36508052_1770351429699780_4805746732648366080_n.jpg