• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Printable material for industrial equipment labels?

RyanT

Director of Entropy
I'm new to printing so bear with me please.

I'm looking for suggestions for a durable, flexible, printable material (preferably latex printable) for labels on a variety of industrial equipment. These will be going on everything from CNC machines, oil and hydraulic pumps, frak equipment, rotating machinery cases, etc, so I expect some heat (but not over 250F probably), oil, chemicals, and rough handling. Substrate will mostly be painted metal castings, plastic, powder coat, which will probably be lightly cleaned before application. Customer requested a material "with some heft" if that means anything.

I assume these should also be laminated?

Reason for latex is that this application will finally push me to buy a printer and bring my printing in-house and I'd prefer a latex printer for everything else. I'm hoping this will be possible with latex.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Any cast vinyl, without air release (not needed), and laminate with 5 or 10 mil Polycarbonate laminate. This lam will add the "heft", giving a super resilient protective layer.