• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printable upholstery material?

edgette

A few years ago when I was looking into getting a large format printer I looked up all sorts of things to print on. One was a vinyl material that could be used in upholstery for ATV or snowmobile seats or for bar stools. I don't know if I would have a huge market for this, but I wanted to check the material out but I can't find it.

From what I recall you printed reverse on the material that was clear, and had to laminate it with a white material. Anyone have a clue what I am talking about?

airborneassault

If we're thinking of the same material the stuff I remember was made by Convex called Pro-Patch. Just checked Graphic Marking Systems site and can't seem to find it. Basically you reverse printed it and then laminated it white if I remember correctly...does that ring a bell?

edgette

Yes. I found it from a link off of the convex website. I wasn't sure if they made it or not, I just remember thinking that it was pretty cool. I'll have to do some digging to see if I can find it anywhere.

edgette

Just called them direct. They no longer have the pro-patch material but they do have an 18 mil reverse print that is used in the same application.