Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printable upholstery material?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by edgette, Sep 7, 2012.

1. edgette

edgette Member

Jul 12, 2010
    A few years ago when I was looking into getting a large format printer I looked up all sorts of things to print on. One was a vinyl material that could be used in upholstery for ATV or snowmobile seats or for bar stools. I don't know if I would have a huge market for this, but I wanted to check the material out but I can't find it.

From what I recall you printed reverse on the material that was clear, and had to laminate it with a white material. Anyone have a clue what I am talking about?

Tags:
  2. airborneassault

airborneassault Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Colorado
    If we're thinking of the same material the stuff I remember was made by Convex called Pro-Patch. Just checked Graphic Marking Systems site and can't seem to find it. Basically you reverse printed it and then laminated it white if I remember correctly...does that ring a bell?

3. edgette

edgette Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Yes. I found it from a link off of the convex website. I wasn't sure if they made it or not, I just remember thinking that it was pretty cool. I'll have to do some digging to see if I can find it anywhere.

4. edgette

edgette Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Just called them direct. They no longer have the pro-patch material but they do have an 18 mil reverse print that is used in the same application.