• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printed chalkboard??

poslive

Greetings,
I got an odd request today from an account manager who is anticipating the question from a new client. Has anyone tried to make a digitally printed chalkboard? Is such a thing even possible? I'm thinking printing on Sintra and laminating with floor guard might work but thought I'd reach out to some pros before trying it. Any suggestions? We run an HP FB700 FWIW.

Thoughts? Or should I just laugh at her like I did the first time?

Thanks,
TJ

jfiscus

Rap Master
There is a chalkboard vinyl material, but I don't think you can print on it unless you have a flatbed and/or can print white.
There are a lot of "whiteboard" (dry erase) laminates that you can apply over prints though if that is what she means.

DirtyD

R tape has a printable chalkboard material... really need to be able to print white.. it can also be contour cut

CustomArtFW

Screen print the chalkboard

We screen print chalkboard on surfaces - we have not tried to put it through the digital printer after that - but if we do I will let you all know how it turns out!