• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printer choice

WOODBS

well, while i'm looking for a laminator, might as well check out a larger printer. what are the preferred models out there witth you guys? i am between, the roland 540, epson gs6000 or mutoh. i really like the print / cut version, is roland the only one that ofers this? thanks

ProWraps

the price and speed of the mutoh valuejet line makes it a very good deal. we love ours. and as mentioned before will be purchasing our 3rd and 4th very shortly.

JoshLoring

All in user preference. If you plan on doing a lot of cuts, the Roland cuts and perf cuts so you can give the client finished, shelf ready product. I perf cut tons of stickers and the finished product is excellent. For sticker speed it's prints fast. For wraps I haven't seen any printer match Roland quality although I have seen faster printers.
Just one opinion...

WOODBS

thanks..yeah think i need the print/cut. i'll look into the mimaki..still leaning toward roland

speedmedia

Yeah really user preference. I have seen things in each on that I like. The Mutoh's are great printers for the money, the Mimaki's are workhorses the Roland's are simple and reliable and that new Epson, blows my wifes skirt up and will hands down me the next one parked in my shop.

Thanks,
Kurt

grafixemporium

Roland vp540 here and I haven't seen another wrap in town that I feel can match our print quality. The speed if the vp540 is very bearable.

astro8

If most of your printing is done for your own designs most printers out there will be ok.

Where the problems start is when you print client and designer supplied artwork with spec'd Pantones and specific corporate colours. For that the GS6000 at the moment is in a league of it's own.

Magenta and yellow doesn't make orange....no matter how hard you try.

schurms

Why would you want a print cut machine? Two machines make a much better work flow and can be the same price.

Bruce

heyskull

Mutoh Valuejet its a wonderful piece of kit.
2 machines are better than one!!!!
Our 2 machines are much better than an all in one.
It's a bit like a washer/drier when one part breaks down, you have to replace it as a complete unit.

SC

MachServTech

Why would you want a print cut machine? Two machines make a much better work flow and can be the same price.

Bruce

If you have the room get a printer and cutter separate. It will really speed things up in your shop
If you have a dealer nearby, go see the Epson GS6000 for yourself....better take a comparison file with you for them to print out.

HeavyHitter

A print cut would be nice for non lam stickers. If I had to pull the vinyl out to lam I would just stick it in my plotter. I print a lot of stickers and often wish I would have bought a print / cut. I have a Mutoh, but like the quality of the Roland machines. When I buy another printer I will be looking at who can service it. GEI Cal Graph who services Mutoh around here can bite it.

Bly

Print and cut on separate machines if you can afford it.

What's the ink life on those new Epsons? I heard only 18 months.
If you're printing signage you might want to consider this.

WOODBS

yeah, i have a dealer in sarasota for the epson, will check it out. still lists for 17,995 from them . and then i would have to buy plotter too?