• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer/cuttter

JR_

not sure if this is right place for this thread. so sorry of not. i have been outsourcing all my printing and would like to bring it in house. Does anyone lease printer/cutters? Whats a good entry level printer? Would like to get one that inks last couple yrs outside without laminate. Help? Ideas? Thanks

Jim

Edserv

Hey- great idea going "in-house." We chose a Mutoh vj1204 and cutter. We operate in Hawaii (the sun, trust me, puts the eco-inks to the test.) Anyway, 18 months later, we're completely happy with our Mutoh and almost bought a second unit last week (it got snatched-up by someone else before we could make an offer.) We rarely laminate our products (except for vehicle wraps and signs that need to have extra protection such as pvc and sandwhich boards.)
Anyway, for the money, the Mutoh vj1204 ROCKS and is very easy to learn. Having never made a banner before, I printed a banner within 20 minutes of getting the machine fired-up.
good luck!
Chris/Lets Go Banners

Matt-Tastic

unless you are getting one used, look for the 1304, as the 1204 has been discontinued. the the only noticeable difference is the 1204 was 48" wide and the 1304 is 54" wide. that and the stand on the 1304 is a little beefier.

good luck!

S

scarface

with interest i heard it's more cost effective to just buy one outright.

JR_

i figured that. but no one in my town has a printer...3 shops total. I hate to spend that much up front and find out the market isnt here for it! i found a place to lease them for 100 a month for first yr with a $1 buy out after first yr or payments go up for next 36 months. just looking at options before i jump into this. Thanks for the heads up!

JR_

yes i did and i would love to have that set up. But right now im not ready to spend that kind of money. I dont even know if the market for a printer is here..still looking at options.

Thanks!