• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer down time

bold_will_hold

Hey guys,

I have been doing a lot of print and cut decals. I usually farm out my printing but have been looking at some used vp-540 or mutoh 1304. I have experience with solvent and latex printers. I have one concern. The downtime on the machine. Sometime I don't print for two weeks. I know the machine run a clean cycle but realistically how long is too long for a machine to sit not printing but still running it clean cycles?

I have heard latex it doesn't really matter you can unplug the machine. My only problem with latex is The possibility of running 220 outlets is almost none existent. I have 120 outlets but I don't think I can snake the power up to get 220 line run to where I want them. My other concern with latex is how grainy the prints seem. Looking to do small 2" x 4" decals with alot of detail. I do some large 50" prints sometimes so I need versatility.

Do either of the two machine mentioned have good print quality (mostly no banding)
I hear there is a difference in sp300 machines have two print head vs the vp having 4 print heads.

I would ideally like print and cut so I can sell my graphtec 30" plotter and just use the printer to cut.
then only have two machine and printer/plotter and laminator.

any advice would help..Thanks

klingsdesigns

I had a vp its a work horse.. As long as the print heads are in good condition it will print really good. Some colors are a little grainy. You can print the roland color chart and see. I cleaned it once a month and it would sit a week idle sometimes.