• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help printer issues AGAIN

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
My HP315 suddenly starts printing fuzzy images. I'm thinking it's a print head but when I look at the status on the printheads it says that the optimizer's nozzles have a bunch out. But I just replaced it. Like 2 weeks ago. The other printheads don't seem to have as many nozzels out.
What else could make fuzzy prints?

ikarasu

service utilities -> scan axis menu -> force drop detection -> ok -

Do that, and itll tell you how many nozzles are out for each head and help you diagnose which, if any head is bad. If one has a high number on it...replace it. If its under the warranty, which it sounds like it is... HP will ship you a new one for free (make sure to take a photo of the force drop detection showing how many nozzles are out, HP has been picky these days).

If everything is low... below 20-30ish, the heads should be fine.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
It looks like the nozzles are out. But, I just replaced it. So I'm really concerned as to why.

Last edited: