• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Profile for Latex 360 for Dreamscape Silk

micca2070

Manager Commercial Print Services
I have a large wall covering job that I am printing on Dreamscape Silk 20oz. I'm having trouble finding a good profile to run on. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

klmjff

Try the Dreamscape Suede profile and maybe tweak it to your liking.

We noticed that with most Dreamscape medias, we need to have at least a 16 pass profile.

micca2070

Try the Dreamscape Suede profile and maybe tweak it to your liking.

We noticed that with most Dreamscape medias, we need to have at least a 16 pass profile.

It seems this one is going to be very tricky. 16 pass and adjusting the saturation still doesn't seem to help. It only seems to go from bad to worse. I attached some photos.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 482
  • pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 469

Dtay

Dreamscape silk

We have had issues with Dreamscape Suede printed with the 260 Latex. Look at the print through a loop and see how the ink is sitting on the material, if it looks like it is pooling in the the hills and valleys, it is more then a profile issue. Sometimes adjusting the heat helps. We had so many issues with the latex that we purchased a solvent press to get us through a large dreamscapes project. We ended up purchasing a Seiko Colorpainter M64 it prints Dreamscape materials well. Good Luck.

derekw13029

We don't run the Silk, but I've ran Suede, Mystical (kinda like Silk iirc), Pique, and probably one or two I'm forgetting.

I run them all from the Suede profile, with a little tweaking. Usually just a 12 pass, 120 ink density works for me. You can get rolls with the bad plasticizer effect, however. I've had this problem on rolls of Mystical and rolls of the Dreamscape Matte Vinyl (which we no longer use and have substituted for HP PVC-Free Smooth).

Try wiping the roll with a rag saturated with isopropyl alcohol. If the print clears up, that may be your issue.

Otherwise, good luck. I do believe starting with the Suede profile and going from there is your best bet.

micca2070

Thank you guys for your suggestions. I ended up running it on my UV printer to get the job done, but I'll be revisiting the Latex printer later today so I can get to the bottom of the printing issue. I will be trying both of your suggestions and will let you know how it went.

Thanks again!

CountyDown

We don't run the Silk, but I've ran Suede, Mystical (kinda like Silk iirc), Pique, and probably one or two I'm forgetting.

I run them all from the Suede profile, with a little tweaking. Usually just a 12 pass, 120 ink density works for me. You can get rolls with the bad plasticizer effect, however. I've had this problem on rolls of Mystical and rolls of the Dreamscape Matte Vinyl (which we no longer use and have substituted for HP PVC-Free Smooth).

Try wiping the roll with a rag saturated with isopropyl alcohol. If the print clears up, that may be your issue.

Otherwise, good luck. I do believe starting with the Suede profile and going from there is your best bet.

Hi, can you elaborate on 'bad plasticizer'?
I feel we are having a lot of problems that may be due to this