• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer won't receive design from software

Will308decals

Hi, I am a 17 year old who is starting my own business making decals for sports teams and making signs. I just bought a gerber edge 2 last week. I have been trying to figure out how it works but cannot. I cannot get the design from my computer software to transfer over to my printer. I use flexi 7 and when I push RIP and Print and send the design to my printer nothing happens. I push online on my gerber edge after I send the print and nothing happens. Any suggestions on what to do? The seller did not bring the original cord that connects the computer with the gerber edge so I bought a new one that uses a USB adapter. He thought that cord might be the problem and is sending the original cords to me. Do you think that might fix the problem? Thank you

Joe House

You need to use the Gerber cables. If you're using a USB to parallel adapter, is it the one from Gerber? That's the only one that will work.

Good Luck,

Will308decals

You need to use the Gerber cables. If you're using a USB to parallel adapter, is it the one from Gerber? That's the only one that will work.

Good Luck,
The cables we bought were not Gerber cables, I will wait for the Gerber cables to come in the mail and hopefully that will work. Thank you!