• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Printers.

Luke Dyke

Hi All.

Just asking for a bit of advise. I'm currently using an Agfa H3200i LED, Mimaki JFX 200 and Several Mimamki JV33-160's.

Im in the process of looking for a new Hybrid(flatbed and roll) machine. Can anyone shed any light of anything new(ish) or old on the market?

Be intrested to hear your thoughts...

Cheers.

Last edited:

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Look at Rolands LEJ-640. First wide format printer I used, very simple conversion going from roll to roll to flatbed. Easy enough to do maintenance on it. and the versaworks RIP is pretty close to Rasterlink.

I even had to color match a few things crossed between our Acuity Advanced and LEJ-640 and it was a bit of work, but I got there, guess it really helps that it uses UV ink.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Look into the 2500i led for a Hybrid. Depending on your rip software, you don't have to change a whole heck of a lot. New profiles of course...but it gives you quite good speed, a Known variable in an agfa machine already...same purchasing for inks...same printheads.,,and white ink. It would be a faster learning curve vs a new brand. If I were looking to upgrade from my Agfa, I would go with SwissQ if they had a true hybrid.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You want something new that not everyone has, go to a HP R1000/R2000 demo.
The people I know that have it are very happy. Of course it has it's price and you need to have some work for it so it's not just idling around.

Now we just wait for Mr. Stratojet to come tell us how you need the cheapest, fastest and best machine in the market :eek:

Last edited:

FloraUSA

Master Distributor of Flora UV Printers in the US
Hi All.

Just asking for a bit of advise. I'm currently using an Agfa H3200i LED, Mimaki JFX 200 and Several Mimamki JV33-160's.

Im in the process of looking for a new Hybrid(flatbed and roll) machine. Can anyone shed any light of anything new(ish) or old on the market?

Cheers.

Luke

I saw your post on signs 101 regarding your potential interest in a hybrid flatbed printer. I notice from you logon in it says you are located that the city of Leicester, I found this in Massachusetts, as well as United Kingdom. I am from American Printing Systems and we represent the Flora line of printers here in the USA. We work through a dealer network here in the United States and we have one of these printers in our showroom, should you want to see it in action.

I have attached a YouTube video showing the hybrid that we can offer to you and it is from Flora as well as a link to our website. There is also a 126" model the link below is on the 80" version

https://florausa.net/flora-xtra-2000huv-80-uv-led-hybrid-printer/

If you are in the US and if you have any further interest, please let me know how I can be of assistance. Even if you are not located in the USA please private message me and I will contact Flora to see who handles your region.

Thanks

Dave Philipps

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
Hi All.

Cheers.

If you are looking for conveyor Hybrid, I recommend going in for a new Agfa or EFI Vutek these are reliable brands.. HP Latex Hybrids are still newer in the market and not that reliable for all applications. If you are looking for true Flatbed with Roll Attachment 100" or more, Stratojet Shark FBR2512 is a good printer for that.