• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printhead issues with L25500

jayhawksigns

So our aging L25500 has decided to start having some gremlins and I didn't know if anyone had some suggestions to hold us over till we spring for a new printer.

Essentially what happens is after the printer sits for a length of time, say overnight, a variable amount of PH#3 will decide to not fire anymore. It seems to start from the middle of the printhead and work outward, and some mornings its only a little bit and others it basically not firing at all. I have run up to four cleanings in a row and it didn't make and noticeable difference in bringing back the printhead.

What does work though, is doing a swap between the two Y/Bk PHs. After it does its calibrations it will print fine for the rest of the day. I don't think its a ink flow issue because I can do a full flood black banner without any loss of color. And when I swap the PHs, the one that wasn't firing prints the calibration marks without any priming or cleaning other then what it does automatically with the head swap.

I have tried a new capping station and it didn't make any difference. Kind of figure its an electrical issue but don't know what items I can check.

Thanks.

Split76

So our aging L25500 has decided to start having some gremlins and I didn't know if anyone had some suggestions to hold us over till we spring for a new printer.

Essentially what happens is after the printer sits for a length of time, say overnight, a variable amount of PH#3 will decide to not fire anymore. It seems to start from the middle of the printhead and work outward, and some mornings its only a little bit and others it basically not firing at all. I have run up to four cleanings in a row and it didn't make and noticeable difference in bringing back the printhead.

What does work though, is doing a swap between the two Y/Bk PHs. After it does its calibrations it will print fine for the rest of the day. I don't think its a ink flow issue because I can do a full flood black banner without any loss of color. And when I swap the PHs, the one that wasn't firing prints the calibration marks without any priming or cleaning other then what it does automatically with the head swap.

I have tried a new capping station and it didn't make any difference. Kind of figure its an electrical issue but don't know what items I can check.

Thanks.

could it be the flex cables? .. Carriage Service Kit for HP DESIGNJET L25500 L26500

100 pounds.. we changed the whole carriage few times for our 26500. I paid something like 100$ for it, found from ebay. With service manual, changing took 1,5 hour and calibration 3-4 :) .. pretty easy to do.