• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printhead Problem on VP540

ksalda

Any one seen this problem???

Was having this same problem with the cyan head. (Replaced head; everything is working [as you can see])

After replacement; the same problem with magenta head.

Any ideas???

Attachments

• IMG_2698.jpg
    IMG_2698.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 274

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You may have bumped or loosened the magenta head cable when you were putting the cyan head in. I would start by re-seating the magenta head cables and see what happens. While you're in there, check for any ink or debris that may have gotten on the print head, cables, and/or terminals. Other than that you may have a head board or main board issue.

Turn your machine off, unplug it, and hit the power button a couple times before doing anything! If you didn't do this when you replaced the cyan head, it could have caused damage to the boards and/or head.

ksalda

Looking at Pictureq

- I have tried swapping cables, still same problem.

- Checked for clean / debris. Everything looks fine.

Any other ideas??

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
A data swap will isolate weather the problem is coming from deeper in the machine or the print head itself. What you do is keep the head cables plugged in on the slider board but disconnect them from the magenta and yellow heads and swap them. This makes it so that the magenta head is actually getting the signal for the yellow head and vice versa. If the problem moves to the yellow head, you have a problem deeper in the machine. If the problem stays with the magenta, the head is damaged.

Turn your machine off, unplug it, and hit the power button a couple times before doing anything!

blazingquarters

having same problem,

I have xc540 and the light magenta is printing crazy like that, everything i print has a pink haze over it and the nozzle text print has 2 extra squares all sideways over the other colors like the pics you guys are showing.

been on phone with tech and re seated cables, nozzle flush with cleaner, head soak etc. even changed dampers right before i called tech as i had another issue a year or so ago with yellow and it fixed it(not same haze but colors where off)

never run nothing but roland ink and overpaying for it but hoped if i had problems the dealer would be quick to help me but they are putting me off and wanting big bucks it seems to come look at it(i understand they got to get paid but the way they preach i need to buy their ink if i want service and then now the first time i need it they wanna hit me like this)..

anybody have any suggestions on what it could be?

drocks

I tried the head soak, pulled ink through the head with a syringe, cleaned the encoder strip, changed the dampers, and top caps, still no luck. When I print an image I am getting banding along with faint lines that go past the printed area a few inches.

CS-SignSupply

Not mechanical... electrical

Possible culprets are damaged or loose connection of head ribbon cables, long print ribbon cables, print carriage board, mainboard or head.

First do no harm... power off and unplug.

Then disassemble and gently check all ribbon cable connections from the head to the mainboard and all in between.

You might even remove the head ribbon cables and check for damage, especially on the corners.

drocks

I bought this printer used 2 years ago. It hasn't leaked like this since I've owned it so this has been on here a while. Can I clean the terminals with alcohol or is there another solution for this?

Also where can I get a replacement plastic protective cover for the heads?

20140807_102437.jpg 20140807_102444.jpg

levien

I had the same problem,,

Changed heads: same problem
Changed cables to other head(cross wired): problem moved to the other head, so head board.

Changed the head print: problem gone !

regards Levien de Nooijer
LA service, Terneuzen

drocks

Changed heads: same problem
Changed cables to other head(cross wired): problem moved to the other head, so head board.

Changed the head print: problem gone !

regards Levien de Nooijer
LA service, Terneuzen

Are you saying its the Printhead Carriage Board?