• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printhead Recovery

Willy

I want to send my printhead on my Roland VS 420 out to be recovered. Would someone please guide me on what recovery service to use. I tried to contact printhead 911 but their impossible to get a hold of.

Willy

Brent, printer has been sitting for a long time and printhead is plugged up. I changed the dampers, captop, felt wiper and wiper scraper. Drained white and metallic ink out and replaced with cleaning carts. Nozzle check is a little better but tired of messing with it and getting little results.

phototec

Do your homework and check this site carefully, there is one company that offers print head recovery and they are shysters (scammers), I have read a few horror stories on Signs101 about them.

They take your money and keep you print head for a very long time and keep telling you they are almost done fixing it, then weeks later they say they are still working on it. Then in the end they say they can't recover it.

I don't remember the name of the company, something like Printed Doctor maybe?

Then there are those who say you can buy a ultra sonic head cleaner and try that....

Have you tried Head Soaking?

Head soaking worked for me when my head was not used for a while and got plugged up. I have a Roland SP-540V, and another member here send me a procedure for soaking the head, I will attach it below if you want to try soaking your heads.

Attachments

• SP-540v Head Soaking Guide.pdf
    243.9 KB · Views: 356

Willy

Do your homework and check this site carefully, there is one company that offers print head recovery and they are shysters (scammers), I have read a few horror stories on Signs101 about them.

They take your money and keep you print head for a very long time and keep telling you they are almost done fixing it, then weeks later they say they are still working on it. Then in the end they say they can't recover it.

I don't remember the name of the company, something like Printed Doctor maybe?

Then there are those who say you can buy a ultra sonic head cleaner and try that....

Have you tried Head Soaking?

Head soaking worked for me when my head was not used for a while and got plugged up. I have a Roland SP-540V, and another member here send me a procedure for soaking the head, I will attach it below if you want to try soaking your heads.

I've replaced all damper , felt wipers and captop and do a lot of head soaks and still not getting a good nozzle check.

Attachments

• IMG_2612.jpg
    IMG_2612.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 197

phototec

I've replaced all damper , felt wipers and captop and do a lot of head soaks and still not getting a good nozzle check.

Well then, it just may be time for NEW heads, instead of paying someone $300 per hear and no guarantee they can recover them? I would just purchase the NEW heads and replace them myself....

Stormyj

Just another guy
I had to replace a couple of heads on my sc540. I got them from one from ebay and one off of amazon. Both work fine, although the replacement was a little dodgy.

Willy

phototec

Thanks for the info you sent me. I really liked the one that vinylman posted at the end of the thread. I wish it went a little farther. I'm thinking that I could remove dampers and soak head from top side and suck cleaning fluid from bottom side while head is parked over captop. What do you think about that idea?

Well, I have NOT done that personally, however I have read that others have done it and it worked, the think I remember MOST is you need to pull very SLOWLEY so not to hurt the head. Looking at your nozzle test prints your heads look pretty bad, so I don't think you have anything to loose. I would give this method a try because to me you need NEW heads.

Willy

Well then, it just may be time for NEW heads, instead of paying someone $300 per hear and no guarantee they can recover them? I would just purchase the NEW heads and replace them myself....

I think your right, looks like I'm buying a new print head. :rolleyes: Looking for a supplier at of state of PA so at lease I can save on tax. Any recommendations ?

phototec

I think your right, looks like I'm buying a new print head. :rolleyes: Looking for a supplier at of state of PA so at lease I can save on tax. Any recommendations ?

I haven't purchased any yet, but in one of the links I provided someone listed where they purchased two heads (different vendors), there is a merchant member on here that sells print heads, maybe someone will respond tomorrow (work day), I think most folks on here do so from their shop (I am home based).

Willy

Yes I seen that. I believe one was EBay and the other one was Amanzon. What do you think about Digiprint?

phototec

Yes I seen that. I believe one was EBay and the other one was Amanzon. What do you think about Digiprint?

Don't know about Digiprint, however one of the vendors (responded on here one time) that sell the print head offered FREE technical assistance for installation when purchasing the print head from them.

That's who I would purchase from because I don't what to pay a tech $150 per hour including travel to me which is an hour each way and a couple of hours to replace the print head, I'll bet they would charge me $600-800 labor alone.

I have tools
I have the manual
I know you need the head rank numbers (maybe need a little more guidance on this)
I'm pretty good taking things apart (not lazy), like a challenge
And would rather pay myself the $150 an hour (heck my tech wants $300 trip charge before he does any work).

:thumb:

wunder

DX Printhead recovering is a very very tricky thing...often the nozzle plate bonding dissolves...so the ink channels mix aso.

Some of this heads we have possible recover other one not possible.... this is a long story and us final result we can say....it is not 100% possible to recover DX Heads....

If you like you can send it to us and we can check out it is possible...in fact yes better than your picture we guaranteed ;-)

You can pay after we have possible recover "with video evidence"

For this service without shipping cost 125,-€

kindly regards
dpSwan

brightbanner

i like vivid color
Your print head nozzles were blocking, no one can recovery this problem.
I will email contact of my supplier to you, their offer always better than eBay and Amazon.
And all of their parts go with warranty .
They accept Paypal payment too.

Brent

Digiprint is a no go scam

Don't buy from digiprint. There products are ****. I bought a printhead for my VS-420 and the head was damaged. they didn't even try too help me solving this problem. And now I need to buy a new head for another 2000 dollars. If anybody here is selling a printhead for a reasonable price , please contact me. info@perfectblindering.nl

Willy

Thanks for the info. It's breaking the bank for me to buy first one, would have to throw in towel if I had to buy two.