• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing 1 color invoices?!!!?!?

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
i am going to run out of invoices. (what else is new.)
Does anybody have a good place to get them?
i designed my own, so, it would be a custom 11x8.5 one color.
prob 2500 of them
my last printer guy has been kidnapped by aliens.
grey ones.

Chris

SolitaryT

You may consider getting SignVOX. It's paperless. You can email invoices to customers. It seems to be designed for bigger shops, but we're a shop of three people, and we are utilizing it pretty well. We've only had it for a week! They do good work. All you need then is a printer, and you can print invoices out that way.

OlsonSigns601

You may consider getting SignVOX. It's paperless. You can email invoices to customers. It seems to be designed for bigger shops, but we're a shop of three people, and we are utilizing it pretty well. We've only had it for a week! They do good work. All you need then is a printer, and you can print invoices out that way.

Yup!

I've instructed my staff to tell the customer we've e-mailed them the receipt instead of just printing it. If they want a paper copy, we print it but 9 times out of 10 they don't even care. Provided we have their address, its literally done in like two clicks with the mouse.

We've also stopped giving invoices to anyone we know that has a net 30/45/whatever with and just e-mail our billing contact the invoice. Because they very rarely give it to the billing department (at least that is what the billing departments generally say)

J

john1

Man i am a one man show and it's working fan-f'ing-tastic for me.

I just email invoices and for those handful of customers who need a paper copy, I just print it out on the laser machine. No biggie.

J

john1

$129 a month sounds kind of steep for a one man shop. Is it really saving you that much?

Pat, It's really helping me organize my entire business as well as pricing out jobs. Try out the demos and things, I make only a few grand a month and it's one of the best things i have invested in besides my Versacamm.

Customer calls about a quote 4 months ago...Hold on let me look that up. BAM there it is. Someone needs a exact re-order, Go to their previous invoice and hit re-order and BAM it's done. Oh you are changing your labor rates? No problem, Adjust them to what you want and it updates all your pricing to the new labor rates.

So simple, So worth it. $129 isn't jack to me to spend on this at all.

Pat Whatley

My problem with going subscription based like that is what happens a year from now when I decide to drop it and go with something else? Am I going to have to print out every quote, work order, and invoice to be able to see them because once I end my subscription the files are unreadable? I'll look into it though, thanks.

J

john1

My problem with going subscription based like that is what happens a year from now when I decide to drop it and go with something else? Am I going to have to print out every quote, work order, and invoice to be able to see them because once I end my subscription the files are unreadable? I'll look into it though, thanks.

Pat, Everything in SV is exported to a QB file and it auto-enters everything as you would by hand. I do this a few times a month and it adds in invoices and payments. No biggie.

2B

Pat, Everything in SV is exported to a QB file and it auto-enters everything as you would by hand. I do this a few times a month and it adds in invoices and payments. No biggie.

how do you process CC?

we are currently using intuit with QB and the fact that it is all in the same program is VERY NICE.

We have looked at the software and it seems very nice, however it is a cloud based program and if we ever loose internet then what? or what about the security factors of not having the program on your machine? etc...

J

john1

how do you process CC?

we are currently using intuit with QB and the fact that it is all in the same program is VERY NICE.

We have looked at the software and it seems very nice, however it is a cloud based program and if we ever loose internet then what? or what about the security factors of not having the program on your machine? etc...

I am using Square and simply enter into QB the CC fee expense and that's that.

You enter all payments through SV. Pretty much you use Square for the CC processing, Once that's done you write the CC expense off into QB, Go to the invoice the payment was for and put in some authorization information such as card holders name, last 4 digits and 3 digit security code and when you export to QB it automatically puts in the invoice as well as applies the payment.

As far as it being cloud and losing internet, That's really a chance you take. I mean we all use cell phones so what happens if you lose cell phone service? It's really just like anything else, You can't control certain things.

On the security end, I will let Kevin or Rao speak on that but i'm pretty sure they have everything on lock down. I have spoke with both guys and this program is something very advanced compared to the other software out there similar to it. When you log into SV it has all the security icons and is https secure and all like most secure shopping carts and all have online.

Charlie J

I've been using Erply since the beginning of the month. Best part is...it's free! It doesn't have the bells and whistles of some of the other programs, but it does everything I need. I have my own credit card machine so I don't need to integrate processing. And I also bought an Epson thermal printer that prints receipts for my customers.

J

john1

Just took a look at that, Has no QB integration and if you want that it's $100 a month, So i guess you have to make the invoice up twice. Once in the program and then again in QB. The $129 is so worth it compared to that and plus it's tailored for the sign industry.

Whatever works for you though, I can just speak from experience with SV.

This is a never winning debate though, There is always people who cringe at $129 a month but yet are paying $100's for a cell phone bill lol