• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing and Saving Vehicle Wraps

ccslaw

Our company has been around for about 11 years and we have been printing vehicle wraps the entire time. These range from simple car wraps, to fleet graphics, bus graphics, you name it. I feel as though we are saving these files in a very tedious manner and would like to hear if there is a simpler way.

We utilize Illustrator and Photoshop and design a vehicle wrap and essentially panel it up manually in the graphic design stage. I feel that newer rip softwares are able to add bleed, panel etc.

We utilize Production House Onyx for ripping to our machines. Can anybody inform me how to effectively do this?

shoresigns

We utilize Illustrator and Photoshop and design a vehicle wrap and essentially panel it up manually in the graphic design stage. I feel that newer rip softwares are able to add bleed, panel etc.

We utilize Production House Onyx for ripping to our machines. Can anybody inform me how to effectively do this?

The function you're looking for is probably called "tiling". I'm not familiar with Onyx but it shouldn't be hard to find.

papabud

Lone Wolf
well we do large bus wraps all the time. things are saved under the customer name. we use illustrator and onyx postershop.
design the job, save it as an eps, load it into postershop. a few clicks and its tilled and ripping then printing.
store in the rip queue for a few days to weeks then that gets deleted.
this is our standard procedure. its been working smoothly for us for 6 years now.

Bly

Tile in Onyx for sure.
If you open the file in Job Editor it creates an .onx file which keeps the tiling and other settings.