• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Double Sided Banners

mbarden

Hi Folks,
We replaced a Roland with an Epson S60600. We used to have a process for printing double sided banners that utilized a base point procedure that the Roland printer allowed for. I don't see the same "Base Point" function on the Epson. Does anyone have a quick tutorial for printing double sided banners on an Epson?
Thanks
Mike B.

• Agree
Reactions: BVG

mdjamesd

Sadly, Epson doesn't offer an optical eye for alignment of prints.

I use Onyx 19, so your process may be different.

I started by creating a media size for each width banner...be it 36, 38, 54, or 63 that enabled me to use the full media width.

I attached a strip of masking tape to mark the leading edge of the banner, that takes care of half the alignment. The other half, left-right, for the second side, I end up having to force the print by adjusting the margin offset. Usually 1.1" on the capping station side of the banner. Its not the easiest, but its far from difficult. I hope this helps.

I'm working on a quickset to automatically adjust for the printers' built-in offsets.