• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Fluro inks on Mimaki JV4 using Onyx

scody

Has anyone successfully printed fluro or metallic inks on Mimaki JV4? I am using Onyx 10.2.5.4 and have created a CMYKSS profile for spot color. I have assigned Orange and Green as Spot1 & Spot2. I have named my spot colors in illustrator & corel and export as both EPS & PDF. when i open my file in Onyx and sampled my colors with eye dropper, it reads 100% spot1 & 100% spot2.

When i hit print, the spot colors prints and fills out the artboard/background. It has not isolate my spot colours. it prints/fills out the entire page. my art file consist of the letters ABC in spot color sitting on top of a circle. when printed the spot color prints the square background with the circle and ABC in it. see attached file

Attachments

• IMAG0266.jpg
    IMAG0266.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 194

mudmedia

I think the only way you are going to get fluorescent is using fluorescent ink?

Do not think there is a spot color for those.

scody

i am not mix cmyk to make fluro. i actually have special fluro inks setup in my orange and green ink channel.