• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing from my VJ-628 and i get this... Normal????

jrnyc789

So when printing from my VJ-628 i notice there are very small black dots printed on white space where there shouldn't be any color at all and even over my image where there is color it seems there is little black dots? is this normal ? im using OEM ink and flexi sign and flexi rip the latest version. attached are some images its hard to notice but zoomed in you can see the dots in the white area and also over the colors in the other picture any help would be appreciated.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0798.jpg
    IMG_0798.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0797.jpg
    IMG_0797.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 436

Karen-Kang

So when printing from my VJ-628 i notice there are very small black dots printed on white space where there shouldn't be any color at all and even over my image where there is color it seems there is little black dots? is this normal ? im using OEM ink and flexi sign and flexi rip the latest version. attached are some images its hard to notice but zoomed in you can see the dots in the white area and also over the colors in the other picture any help would be appreciated.

attachment.php
attachment.php

• static disturbances possible, if you have electrostatic altimeter, you can test it, if you do not have, please use the brush to wipe off the static
2. The disturbance also may come from the data cable , mother board, head board.

Karen-Kang

attachment.php
attachment.php
plz wipe off the materials,head connection side remove the static.

jrnyc789

This is the original photo just something i got from online to do a test print.

attachment.php

Attachments

• butterfly.jpg
    butterfly.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 424

thewvsignguy

I'll bet it's in the file, if you look closely at that file you will see the black dots. It looks like a low res raster file from the image you posted.

jrnyc789

I'll bet it's in the file, if you look closely at that file you will see the black dots. It looks like a low res raster file from the image you posted.

the image is 300dpi whats strange is even on the white space where there is no design at all it prints the little black dots so its not just doing it over color. Is it possible to be a setting in flexi that i am missing when sending the job to the printer ?

letterman7

Like the others said - static and/or overspray. Do a nozzle check or print a simple black border box from Flexi and see what happens. If it's repeatable on other files, then you know it's the machine.

the image is 300dpi whats strange is even on the white space where there is no design at all it prints the little black dots so its not just doing it over color. Is it possible to be a setting in flexi that i am missing when sending the job to the printer ?

It is possible for settings in the RIP to cause this type of 'smudge dots' to print in areas where there are white pixels, as is the case here. The choice of rendering intent is one possible source that can cause this. Absolute Colorimetric rendering intent chosen for raster data will create this effect.

The other black dots that are visible in chromatic highlight areas (such as yellow) are likely to be caused by a low K start value in the ICC profile that is being used by the RIP.