• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Gradients w/ Spectratone on Edge FX

jamers8

I am using Omega Composer to print to the Edge FX.

I need to print a 7" wide stripe by approx. 120" long that is part of a design for a van we are working on. From the left end of the stripe to approximately 5' to the right the stripe needs to be PMS 363 which I've created by using the Gerber Spectratone Palette and Yellow 015 as my top foil & ProcessPro Cyan 807 foil as my base. At the 5' mark, I need to fade out the PMS 363 evenly from 100% fill and ending at 0% fill. While the screens is showing exactly what I want to produce, it is not printed that way.

The problem I'm having when I test printed this piece is that while the piece is PMS 363 on the one end, instead of fading to nothing, the yellow foil is still printing at 100% while the cyan is 0%. I have triple checked the fill percents on that end and both top & base are showing 0% filled.

I've included a screen shot of Composer's fill dialog box, as well as a picture of what is actually being printed.

Surely I'm just missing something, right? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jamie

Attachments

• Screen Shot 1.jpg
    Screen Shot 1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Sample Print.jpg
    Sample Print.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 95

723fuzzy

I can offer no help, but I have had the same issues with the FX. I have tried color changes from one to another and have had NO luck at all.