Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing Gradients

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Kelsey Adams, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Kelsey Adams

Kelsey Adams Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    I am trying to print this sponsor for a racecar, but it is not blending correctly like it shows in Flexi. What am I doing wrong that it is not printing correctly? Images are attached. One image is how it is showing in Flexi, other is how its printing out.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. MikePatterson

MikePatterson Head bathroom cleaner.

Flexi is putting a mask on the fade. Try flattening it to a raster image.

3. Kelsey Adams

Kelsey Adams Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    Thank you!!! Going to give that a try.

4. Kelsey Adams

Kelsey Adams Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    Thank you so much! That worked!!!

5. Umca

Umca Member

Sep 4, 2015
    UA
    Also you can try to change rasterizing process. To ErrorDiffusion. It may help.

6. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    The "angry red bird with cigar" belongs to Clay Smith cams established in 1931.

Yes, I'm a gear head.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MikePatterson

MikePatterson Head bathroom cleaner.

You are welcome.

8. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    If you want to keep it vectorised, I’ve found flattening PDF’s in acrobat used to solve that for me. Takes about a minute but easy to set up an action.

make a watermark over image, consisting of a couple spaces “ “ as a placeholder (you want the watermark to remain invisible, you can put anything you want in that box though.

drop watermark opacity to 0%.

open up flattener preview, then convert all text to outlines (I can’t remember what else I usually tick but I think it’s pretty much the default settings).

We only used to get that problem in rasterlink, haven’t had it in onyx yet. Though I do remember you could see transparency issues in the print preview.