• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing lightbox panels

heyskull

I don't print many lightboxes but have 3 todo this week.
The panels are 5mm white Acrylic.
Is their a special setting like double passing that I should use?
We are using Wasatch or Signlab 9.1 to RIP on our VJ1604.

Thanks

SC

Sign Eagle

Most 2 & 3 mil vinyls are translucent but many have an opaque adhesive. We have use Avery MPI 2920 and General Formulations 210 which have a clear adhesive and printed on our Falcon II and HP 25500. We have installed these materials on a number of light boxes over the past 3-4 years. We installed one across the street from our shop which has been there for more than 2 years facing west, and still looks good. I am sure if I held a something not exposed to the sun it would show some fading, but without that comparison, it looks good. I would suggest laminating, bird poop is hard on the ink.

CanuckSigns

Depending on the design, I always try to use cut translucent vinyl, I have yet to see a digital print that looks as good as translucent when lit up.

heyskull

We are printing onto vinyl.
The original specification was for laser cut/inlaid acrylic panels, but we have serviced their previously supplied sign and it takes at least 4 hours work to rebuild it as it is so fragile.

SC

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
i print digital using translucent white via jv33.(double pass) prints come out just as good as an sign the Reagan Administration would have ordered...

401Graphics

Print on clear vinyl with a double pass with a half second delay between passes. that is how i do it on my mutoh 1204

sar bossier

We print all of the translucent vinyls we use, they look as good at night, as during the day ... We DO triple pass the ink, though.

And, like Gino - ALL of our prints have always been Oracal Translucent vinyl.

Attachments

• Ombudsman N lit sign 1.jpg
    Ombudsman N lit sign 1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Ombudsman N lit sign 2.jpg
    Ombudsman N lit sign 2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 86