• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printing off Colors

Leasyl Carey

Hi Everyone, Getting very frustrated. i have a Sp300v. I have tried everything I can think of to getting it printing properly. My greys print light pink. No colors come out correct. I use Roland ink. The only thing that has changed is that it was reset to factory setting, after a head change. Anymore ideas????

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Try running in Density Control Only mode instead of Sign&Display/MAX Impact or whatever preset you're currently set to.
If you still get color cast, you'll need to recalibrate your profile.

Leasyl Carey

Ok I believe the problem is somewhere in my setting. as my test print comes out perfect but my files going to the back are completely different. My partner who did all the maintenance is gone. I have had to learn all the printer maintenance in the last 2 months. So I am guessing I set something up wrong.

Attachments

• Test Print.jpg
    Test Print.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 274

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Um, no, it isn't. Your cyan looks more like light cyan. Are you sure you have the right ink installed?

My first thought was, "Does that Cyan look super light or is it just me?" Also, you can kind of see in the Blue of the RGB that the magenta is overpowering the Cyan enough that it looks purple rather than blue. I'm thinking bad 3rd party inks maybe?

Leasyl Carey

Um, no, it isn't. Your cyan looks more like light cyan. Are you sure you have the right ink installed?
Yes it is Roland Ink.
Ok so I have narrowed it down to the settings, I have installed the coreldraw 17. If i export anything from there the colors are completely wrong. I have sent a few from my Corel x6 to both my printers and the 54 is good, but the 300 is still wrong. Anything I send from the Corel 17 does not print the correct colors. They grays are the worst they come out pinkish or purpleish. I have recalorated my profiles on both printers over the weekend. I have also matched the color systems in the color palette Manager. :( Stumped

shoresigns

Yes it is Roland Ink.

He wasn't asking if it's Roland ink. He was asking if perhaps you accidentally put Light Cyan ink into the Cyan slot on the printer?

We run a Roland here and I've seen that particular test print many times before. The rest of your colours look relatively fine but the cyan is WAY off.

shoresigns

Is there a place to check this besides the roland i have been using the same profile for both printers? Is this somewhere on corel?
Here's a help page from Corel that explains how to set your default colour profiles. If these settings are different on your two different versions of Corel, that would explain why you're getting different printed results when you use the same colours.

Default Application-wide and Document-level Color Management Settings in CorelDRAW® X7

This only changes what profiles are used when you start a new document. You also have to choose the same settings when you export a PDF to print. There's probably a setting that tells Corel whether to include the ICC profiles in the PDF or to leave them out.