• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Alumigraphics

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We have a roll of Alumigraphic material, the Grip version. When we got the roll we were able to print a few jobs (one being a sample print in front of our front door). Now that we have gone into the roll a bit, I am having issues loading and running this stuff on our Latex 260. Head strikes and near jams. This stuff does not roll out flat, so being so curled is a huge problem. Anyone out there have any success running this stuff?

jfiscus

Rap Master
It sucks, we stopped using it, too many head strikes and near misse were worrying us that we were gonna kill a head. Keep it rolled up TIGHT on the roll until you use it is the best advice we have. If the roll falls over and gets a bend in it it is junk.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
We have a roll of Alumigraphic material, the Grip version. When we got the roll we were able to print a few jobs (one being a sample print in front of our front door). Now that we have gone into the roll a bit, I am having issues loading and running this stuff on our Latex 260. Head strikes and near jams. This stuff does not roll out flat, so being so curled is a huge problem. Anyone out there have any success running this stuff?

For that material you should be using the Asphalt Art Material, the Alumigraphics was intended for Solvent. I carry the Asphalt Art brand specific for that reason.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
For that material you should be using the Asphalt Art Material, the Alumigraphics was intended for Solvent. I carry the Asphalt Art brand specific for that reason.

Is it a thin aluminum too? And you are certain could print a whole roll with no jamming issues?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Is it a thin aluminum too? And you are certain could print a whole roll with no jamming issues?

Yes its just like the Alumigraphics material but made for Latex machines. I have personally printed alot of this material for our internal marketing and we had no issues in the 360. Use the takeup reel and that will help against head strikes for sure.

MNeel

Actually, AlumiGraphics is compatible with solvent, eco-solvent, latex and UV printers and it costs less. Use a take up roll to keep material flat during printing.

MNeel

It sucks, we stopped using it, too many head strikes and near misse were worrying us that we were gonna kill a head. Keep it rolled up TIGHT on the roll until you use it is the best advice we have. If the roll falls over and gets a bend in it it is junk.

Try it again and use the take up roll with tension. No head strikes.

MNeel

Just use your take up roll to maintain tension and it will stay flat under the carriage.

CreatedDesigns

When I started printing on the grip I actually held on to the material while printing.

But take up weight is what I do now.

Dan360

With these foil medias, I've had best success with raising the lever and attaching it to the takeup before going through the loading process on the printer. Even still, we don't really use the stuff anymore because of what a pain it is in these printers. I played with the vacuum a little and took the edge holders out because they seemed to make head strikes worse when they did happen.