Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing on Cardboard

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by cwb143, Aug 3, 2012.

1. cwb143

cwb143 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    USA
    Does anyone know which machine prints on Cardboard? I see cardboard displays in various stores and I was curious how they print on that material.
    I imagine its a white cardboard on the face side. and cut and folded up to make a stand or display.

Tags:
  2. Farmboy

Farmboy Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Auburn, NY
    Could be digital or screen printed. I'm sure both processes are used.

3. cwb143

cwb143 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    USA
    yeah I think I overlooked screen print. That may be the easiest most efficient way. Thanks

4. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Screen printing them would be the cheapest way to go only if your doing them in volume.

5. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    For long runs, offset printing is used. For shorter custom runs, flatbed printers are snagging the work. For prototypes in the packaging industry, "hybrid" flatbed printers are snagging the work.

6. cwb143

cwb143 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    USA
    awesome thanks guys:notworthy:

7. animenick65

animenick65 Very Active Member

May 18, 2005
    Keep in mind that heat associated with curing UV ink on a flatbed can be an issue when printing on cardboard. LED lamp technology is helping to alleviate this.

8. jbogart

jbogart New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    We've done a fair amount of cardboard printing on our Inca UV flatbed for short runs and short term projects. There's a great cardboard product that we get from Sonoma Graphics called Enviroboard that is nicely smooth, bright white, 1/8" thick - prints and cuts like a dream.